Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2008 Madison Southern

Featured Replies

What does Madison Southern need to do to improve in 2008? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does Madison Southern need to do to improve in 2008? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

 

From what I hear the first practice of the spring went well. The kids worked extremely hard, and fundamentals is the name of the game during spring. I think coach Brumley has like 15 kids who have never played before, but have worked hard getting stronger over the winter. I drove by and watched for a little while and liked what I saw. I believe the negativity that has surrounded the program is quickly on its way out.

I haven't been by since last week, does anyone know how practice has been going?

I haven't heard. I guess the good thing about coming off of a 1 win season, is that you can only go up. If they are hitting the basics and preaching good blocking, they may get some more success this year. I thought that was the biggest weakness last year, blocking. If their back (usually only one) can't get a running lane and establish a solid running game, or give the QB a little time, they will continue to struggle. The weightroom should increase their success, how are they looking experience wise? How many starters will they return? Hope to see Southern get back in the district mix.

I think loosing QB Zack Mcguire and the receiver #4, will be very hard to replace. They were both great athletes and playmakers.

Any new coaches on staff besides the head?

I think loosing QB Zack Mcguire and the receiver #4, will be very hard to replace. They were both great athletes and playmakers.

 

They didn't lose their WR he's #4 Rico Brown and he will only be a Junior. He has two years left and can absolutely fly. I've heard he's going to be the running back on the team.

So are they going with the same scheme as last year? Anybody heard? I know Brumley was part of O.C. last year, so I wouldn't expect much to change. Anybody close know?

They didn't lose their WR he's #4 Rico Brown and he will only be a Junior. He has two years left and can absolutely fly. I've heard he's going to be the running back on the team.

 

WOW! I'm very sorry that I was mistaken. I just figured he was a senior. Tailback would be a smart move especially with a new QB. If I was the coach I would try to get this kid the ball any way I could, handoffs, tosses, screens, or passes. He should be very fun to watch this year.

WOW! I'm very sorry that I was mistaken. I just figured he was a senior. Tailback would be a smart move especially with a new QB. If I was the coach I would try to get this kid the ball any way I could, handoffs, tosses, screens, or passes. He should be very fun to watch this year.

 

Agreed :thumb:

Any new coaches on staff besides the head?

 

I have heard they hired a former alumni - Maxwell Maliki as running back coach.

I have heard they hired a former alumni - Maxwell Maliki as running back coach.

 

Malachi Maxwell is graduating from EKU, and he did attend Madison Southern so maybe they did.

Malachi Maxwell is graduating from EKU, and he did attend Madison Southern so maybe they did.

 

 

Thats correct pride, Malachi graduated this past December from EKU having played under Coach Hope he is now the RB and DB coach. He played in the secondary at EKU and led the state in rushing his senior of high-school with well over 2000 yards...great addition to a young staff.

Glad to see Maxwell giving back. That's a good move on Brumley's behalf bringing back some of the special ones that was apart of the successful times at Southern.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.