Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ESPN/Coaches Poll 02/25/08

Featured Replies

Louisville is not top 5, I'd say top 10 right now... And Duke is where they are at because Kansas lost, they only had 1 loss at the time, and simply.... there isn't any other really good teams right now IMO after the 7 spot.

  • Replies 66
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's just ludicrous.

 

Why is it ludicrous?

That's just ludicrous.

 

Until you actually know what you're talking about... :lol:

I can't argue with you here. But on the night UK got demolished, there was no team in the country that could have played with or beaten Vandy. Vandy had one of those nights where EVERYTHING went right.

 

I don't agree with that all. I can probably guarntee you that most of the teams in the top 10 definitely would have played with Vandy that night, and might have also won. I mean those other teams have 5 guys that can score, and well we only have 3 really playing on the court. So you wouldn't see Vandy shut those teams down like they did us. I mean Vandy played a great game, however I think most of it was just us being completely terrible that night, instead of Vandy just being unbeatable.

With wins over Ole Miss ans UT this week,the Cats could crack the top 25.Just thinking ahead again.;)

UKPat doesn't believe mid-majors can be successful, pay him no mind. :D

Why is it ludicrous?

 

Looking at that bracket, who really thinks that X would get past Arizona in the second round or UL in the Sweet 16? I think a 4 is about as high of a seed as X needs.

 

And that's just assuming they could handle their business against Robert Morris (the illegitimate brother of Randolph).

I would give UL a 2 seed way before I would give X one.

I would give UL a 2 seed way before I would give X one.

Most Top 100 RPI wins

North Carolina 16-2

Duke 13-3

Xavier 13-4

Others of note:

Louisville 9-6, Butler 8-3, Indiana 7-4, Dayton 7-6, Purdue 6-4, Cincinnati 6-11, Ohio St 4-8, Kentucky 3-8.

Most Top 50 RPI wins

Texas 9-3

Tennessee 8-1

Xavier 7-1

Louisville 7-4

Notre Dame 7-4

Others of note:

Purdue 4-3, Indiana 4-4, UC 5-7, UK 3-5, Dayton 2-3, Butler 1-1, Wright St 1-1, Ohio St 1-8.

So what you're trying to say is that UK is better against the RPI Top 50 than they are 51-100? YAY!!!!!

Most Top 100 RPI wins

North Carolina 16-2

Duke 13-3

Xavier 13-4

Others of note:

Louisville 9-6, Butler 8-3, Indiana 7-4, Dayton 7-6, Purdue 6-4, Cincinnati 6-11, Ohio St 4-8, Kentucky 3-8.

Most Top 50 RPI wins

Texas 9-3

Tennessee 8-1

Xavier 7-1

Louisville 7-4

Notre Dame 7-4

Others of note:

Purdue 4-3, Indiana 4-4, UC 5-7, UK 3-5, Dayton 2-3, Butler 1-1, Wright St 1-1, Ohio St 1-8.

 

Wins over Top 50 teams include Kansas St., Creighton, Dayton, UMass, St. Joes and Kent St.

 

Those are hardly goliaths. I would rather put a UL team with wins over Gtown, @UNLV, Marquette twice, @Pitt. Doesn't that make more sense?

Wins over Top 50 teams include Kansas St., Creighton, Dayton, UMass, St. Joes and Kent St.

 

Those are hardly goliaths. I would rather put a UL team with wins over Gtown, @UNLV, Marquette twice, @Pitt. Doesn't that make more sense?

In the selection room, nope...

In the selection room, nope...

 

But from a logical standpoint, you have to value UL's wins more heavily than Xs.

If Xavier is a 2 seed then I want Duke to be in that bracket.:lol:

UKPat doesn't believe mid-majors can be successful, pay him no mind. :D

 

I mean, just think about the four 2 seeds- Kansas, UCLA, Duke and...Xavier? You can make the argument on paper, but in real life and logical standpoint, no way they belong.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.