Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Montgomery hosts 10th Region tournament

Featured Replies

I agree. I'm a Mason County fan, but I think it's time to have it somewhere else. Then, and only then, can we criticize them. Let them have a shot, and we'll just see how it goes from there.

 

As I posted before Mason has held the tourney for the past 30 some years. This will be Montgomery's first time hosting the boys regional. Will there be some things that need to be worked out this year....I am sure there will be, if they were given 30 some years experience , then those things would have been worked out. You just can't compare the two at this point. But........ this is where the criticism and comparison will come from.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I posted before Mason has held the tourney for the past 30 some years. This will be Montgomery's first time hosting the boys regional. Will there be some things that need to be worked out this year....I am sure there will be, if they were given 30 some years experience , then those things would have been worked out. You just can't compare the two at this point. But........ this is where the criticism and comparison will come from.

 

Didn't they host the girls last year? I can't believe you are already making excuses for them before the tourny even starts. Do you know something that we don't? By the way, I have decided to go. I can't wait to see those pretty potties that were mentioned in the Herald Leader article.

:sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

Mason is still the best team in the region. If they win the region there will be more satisfaction for there fans than since the state championship days. Well deserved I might add. Montgomery County has a beautiful facility and they deserve there time in the rotation.

I sure do miss those days of getting on the bus and traveling to a big game with my teammates and getting our game faces on.

  • Author
I love Mason County's facilities and have no problem with them hosting on a regular basis. I do think it is a bit of a problem and a great distance for Campbell County, Bishop Brossart, or Scott to have to travel every year. Montgomery County is even more of a task to travel to...

 

I understand completely. I also understand that some of the schools in the region aren't set up to host a region tourney. But I think that having the tourney in Maysville and Mount Sterling in alternating years would make it a little more even. Wouldn't mind it being in Winchester atleast once just to have that atmosphere here.

Can we give this a rest? The 40th picked Mntgomery and that's where it will be. I like it at Mason but guess what? I'm going to suck it up and drive to Mt. Sterling to enjoy the best Regional tournament in the state. I think we need to all act like adults and accept the change. I guarantee you the kids on the court are going to act more mature than some of the post that you will read on this thread!

How many new accounts are going to be open because of the switch. Guru is making bank.

 

I was just thinking that. That is the only reason GURU hasn't locked it down.

 

But, seriously, I am beginning the think the Mason faithful think getting on here and whining will bring it back and keep it in Mason.

When was the last time Mason Co. didn't host a district or a regional tournament??

When was the last time Mason Co. didn't host a district or a regional tournament??

 

1492

1492

 

:laugh:

As I posted before Mason has held the tourney for the past 30 some years. This will be Montgomery's first time hosting the boys regional. Will there be some things that need to be worked out this year....I am sure there will be, if they were given 30 some years experience , then those things would have been worked out. You just can't compare the two at this point. But........ this is where the criticism and comparison will come from.

 

The thing that will "need to be worked out" is that the gym is just too small. The other issues that will undoubtedly arise are all minor (i.e. concessions, security, passes, parking, etc.) in the grand scheme.

The thing that will "need to be worked out" is that the gym is just too small. The other issues that will undoubtedly arise are all minor (i.e. concessions, security, passes, parking, etc.) in the grand scheme.

 

I agree that seating could be a problem...but I am sure we will see alot of the ..."minor" things posted.

Bart, if I come over there I want a good seat.-- d-dawg :dancingpa

He might give you a good seat on one of those pretty potties he mentioned in the newspaper. I swear that had to be one of the funniest things I've ever read. I can't wait to go see them!:D

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.