Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Montgomery hosts 10th Region tournament

Featured Replies

For the first time in 39 years, the 10th region tournament will not be played in Maysville. Good or bad for the 10th region???

  • Replies 32
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many threads have we had like this...:lol:

 

 

I'm gonna say it...Let Mont Co have there chance to hold it. :banana:

I agree. I'm a Mason County fan, but I think it's time to have it somewhere else. Then, and only then, can we criticize them. Let them have a shot, and we'll just see how it goes from there.

^

 

I agree. I know I have said hold it at Mason Co, again and again. But let Mont Co have a shot at it.

Someone else needs to have a turn. Good luck Indians host well and enjoy. !:thumb:

Personally I like the tournament at Mason County but with the beautiful facility that they have in Mt. Sterling they deserve a chance to hold it. I hope it works out well for them.

Do you all really want to get this started AGAIN? They couldn't have held the crowd at the game tonight! :irked:

Personally I like the tournament at Mason County but with the beautiful facility that they have in Mt. Sterling they deserve a chance to hold it. I hope it works out well for them.

 

I do too. But I am sure some will complain no matter how successful the tourney is. You can't compare Mason holding if for 30 some years to Montgomerys 1.

I have been to the Regional tourney at Mason probably 15 times, that is truly a class act, facilities, personal, security, concessions, parking, and getting in and out. However, Mason more often than not has a better than average team they put on the floor, and it has to be a mental edge to know there will be no traveling, on your home floor, in your city, with all your fans. I say this has been a long time coming, and would even like to see a few other sites host it as well. I am not bashing Mason, I have a great respect for them, but there should be some type of rotation.

I have been to the Regional tourney at Mason probably 15 times, that is truly a class act, facilities, personal, security, concessions, parking, and getting in and out. However, Mason more often than not has a better than average team they put on the floor, and it has to be a mental edge to know there will be no traveling, on your home floor, in your city, with all your fans. I say this has been a long time coming, and would even like to see a few other sites host it as well. I am not bashing Mason, I have a great respect for them, but there should be some type of rotation.

 

That really worked for the tonight too. I'd be willing to bet that Station's players had never sat foot in the place before tonight. Am I wrong or aren't all basketball courts regulation size? It the size of the other things that everyone should be concerned about.

  • Author
That really worked for the tonight too. I'd be willing to bet that Station's players had never sat foot in the place before tonight. Am I wrong or aren't all basketball courts regulation size? It the size of the other things that everyone should be concerned about.

 

Ok lets be realistic. To say that Mason County doesnt have an advantage playing in the fieldhouse is just like saying UK doesnt have an advantage playing in Rupp.(outside of this year) Especially since they already have a very talented team most years. And I'm really talking about tourney time. Being from Clark County I've made the trek to Maysville many of years. For one game no its not a huge advantage, but when your traveling that far 3 times in a 4 day period it does take its toll. I felt that Clark County was the better team last year, so i didnt feel like we upset mason talent wise. I felt like the upset was beating them in their building in March.

How many new accounts are going to be open because of the switch. Guru is making bank.

I love Mason County's facilities and have no problem with them hosting on a regular basis. I do think it is a bit of a problem and a great distance for Campbell County, Bishop Brossart, or Scott to have to travel every year. Montgomery County is even more of a task to travel to...

I love the fieldhouse at Mason, what an atmosphere. But in all respect, this needs to be shared by all in the 10th region. It is not fair to hold it at one place all the time, why should the same schools have to do all the traveling. I am also hoping that when NKU gets their new gym finished, the schools in the northern part of the region will be able to hold the regional tournament there. This way the tourney can be changed and all will have their turn at hosting.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.