Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Congrats to 16th Region Officials

Featured Replies

With this Bilman "Love Fest" I hope you guys have him call your district games, I would be more than happy with Bobby Hall, Marla, and Steve Greenhill

  • Replies 68
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know what officials will be calling the Boys 64th District Tournament? Have they determined the site of this tournament yet?

Does anyone know what officials will be calling the Boys 64th District Tournament? Have they determined the site of this tournament yet?

 

At Boyd Co.

Inez, I understand "The Wizard" an all Westwoodians would love to have Joey Coldiron call all your games. Is that correct?

First round district assignments should be out by now.

He does, however, have the right circle of friends. That will take you a long way in the officiating business. Marla is a good official who genuinely understands the game. I believe Joe is a good man indeed, and a very average official. I haven't seen Bobby Hall this year, so I am not in a position to comment on him.

 

Circle of friends?

Coaches ratings are 80% of the total rating for officials.

Some of you need to get your facts straight before posting on here.

Circle of friends?

Coaches ratings are 80% of the total rating for officials.

Some of you need to get your facts straight before posting on here.

 

Maybe thats the circle he's talking about.......???

Hate to say it, but it will be rare for a 15th or 16th region official to get more than 2 games.

 

I would say Ancie Casey and Jerry Hurley are the only two I know of in the last 15 years.

 

Any others?

Marla is by far the best ref in the 16th. I wish she would have gotten into coaching.

Hate to say it, but it will be rare for a 15th or 16th region official to get more than 2 games.

 

I would say Ancie Casey and Jerry Hurley are the only two I know of in the last 15 years.

 

Any others?

 

Bob Craft from the 16th had 3 games a few years back including the finals were he was the number 1 official.

Marla is by far the best ref in the 16th. I wish she would have gotten into coaching.

 

By far? :creepy:

Marla is by far the best ref in the 16th. I wish she would have gotten into coaching.

 

Is this the same Gearheart that was at West Carter several years (7-9) ago?

Is this the same Gearheart that was at West Carter several years (7-9) ago?

 

 

Yes.

Circle of friends?

Coaches ratings are 80% of the total rating for officials.

Some of you need to get your facts straight before posting on here.

 

I understand that coach's ratings are 80%, don't get me wrong, I think Billman does an ok job and is a good guy. I believe , however, in all sports that their is a group of officials who tend to form a little circle of insiders, and those within that group move up the ladder very quickly. I have witnessed quality officials get left out of the post-season becuase they didn't look the part, or weren't in the right circle. I didn't mean to single Joe out, again I like him, I just get really disgusted with the way things tend to work when it comes to assigning secretaries and their buddies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.