Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Congrats to 16th Region Officials

Featured Replies

The 16th Region has three officials that will be doing the state tournament this year:

 

Boys State Tournament

 

Marla Gearheart

Joe Billman

 

Girls State Tournament

 

Bobby Hall

 

Congrats to all three officials. Marla will become only the:dancingpa:dancingpa second female to officiate the Boys State Tournament!!!!

  • Replies 68
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to all three.........they are great officials and will represent the 16th very well.

 

On a side note..........I hope the KHSAA doesnt allow another media circus like the last time a lady officiated the Boys Sweet 16. I think it really hurt her performance. Marla deserves the chance to show her best without all the added media attention and pressure.

Congrats to Marla and Bobby thats as far as I can honestly go. I know those 2 will represent us well

Tell us how you really feel BOSS!

Tell us how you really feel BOSS!

 

I think he was being polite at that:laugh: and generous too.:thumb:

The 16th Region has three officials that will be doing the state tournament this year:

 

Boys State Tournament

 

Marla Greaheart

Joe Billman

 

Girls State Tournament

 

Bobby Hall

 

Congrats to all three officials. Marla will become only the:dancingpa:dancingpa second female to officiate the Boys State Tournament!!!!

 

 

Well atleast Marla will represent us well.

I don't think Marla has had a Rose Hill game this year but I have always thought she did an excellent job.

All 3 officials will represent us VERY well!! The Boss must be "dancing in the dark" if he can't see that Joe Billman is a top knotch official. Maybe on one of those "restless nights" "you can look" and see a "good man is hard to find" for this job, but the KHSAA found one. Or perhaps you are just "blinded by the light."

 

Not sure what Old Shooter has against the guys, maybe he and Naismith have been talking again.

I think this is only the second time that 3 officials have been selected to work the state tournament from the 16th region. I know the 16th region had 3 go one year. It is not often that 3 different officials are selected from one region.. Craft; Martin; and Morris; (all 16th region officals) worked the boys state tournament one year. Also Marla was selected to work the NAIA tournament in Missouri. Congratulations to all of you and good luck. We will be rooting for you!!

:laugh:

All 3 officials will represent us VERY well!! The Boss must be "dancing in the dark" if he can't see that Joe Billman is a top knotch official. Maybe on one of those "restless nights" "you can look" and see a "good man is hard to find" for this job, but the KHSAA found one. Or perhaps you are just "blinded by the light."

 

Not sure what Old Shooter has against the guys, maybe he and Naismith have been talking again.

All 3 officials will represent us VERY well!! The Boss must be "dancing in the dark" if he can't see that Joe Billman is a top knotch official. Maybe on one of those "restless nights" "you can look" and see a "good man is hard to find" for this job, but the KHSAA found one. Or perhaps you are just "blinded by the light."

 

Not sure what Old Shooter has against the guys, maybe he and Naismith have been talking again.

 

 

Nothing against the guys. I haven't seen Mr.Billman this year(maybe Rose Hill scratached him) Mr.Hall does an okay job, but Marla does an excellant job. This is just my oppinion. Maybe if I watched the game with headphones on and a mic in front of me I might be able to form a better oppinion.:thumb:

Nothing against the guys. I haven't seen Mr.Billman this year(maybe Rose Hill scratached him) Mr.Hall does an okay job, but Marla does an excellant job. This is just my oppinion. Maybe if I watched the game with headphones on and a mic in front of me I might be able to form a better oppinion.:thumb:

 

Or just see more games. I have broadcasted over 50 this season and seen many more that I wasn't broadcasting. Nothing personal against you, your post just seemed to have put down to very good men who work very hard at their craft and are now reaping the benefits of that hard work.

All 3 officials will represent us VERY well!! The Boss must be "dancing in the dark" if he can't see that Joe Billman is a top knotch official. Maybe on one of those "restless nights" "you can look" and see a "good man is hard to find" for this job, but the KHSAA found one. Or perhaps you are just "blinded by the light."

 

Not sure what Old Shooter has against the guys, maybe he and Naismith have been talking again.

 

Go that is a very good post, but you need to hurry and make another you're stuck on a bad # , If Joe is so great how did he only get 1 game at the tourney last year? He is intimadated by certain coaches and arenas in our little area IMO, Joe IMO is in the top 5-7 in this area but not near as compotent as the 2 others mentioned, I'm hoping the 63rd doesn't get him, Maddix, or Anderson this year.

Go that is a very good post, but you need to hurry and make another you're stuck on a bad # , If Joe is so great how did he only get 1 game at the tourney last year? He is intimadated by certain coaches and arenas in our little area IMO, Joe IMO is in the top 5-7 in this area but not near as compotent as the 2 others mentioned, I'm hoping the 63rd doesn't get him, Maddix, or Anderson this year.

 

He does, however, have the right circle of friends. That will take you a long way in the officiating business. Marla is a good official who genuinely understands the game. I believe Joe is a good man indeed, and a very average official. I haven't seen Bobby Hall this year, so I am not in a position to comment on him.

Was Marla rated 2nd in boys?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.