BGP Poll 2-20

BGP Poll 2-20

1. Mason County

2. Bryan Station

3. Lexington Catholic

4. Scott County

5. Eastern

Click here for the rest of the poll.

Elliott is ranked #5 in LIT, #11 in Cantrall and Max Preps, and #9 in AP. Elliott beat Shelby Valley by double digits in the 1st round of the State Tournament last year and they have essentially the same squads. For all those that think Elliott should not be in the Top 20: Here is your poll. But, I'm sure if it was a Top 25 Elliott would be included in the BGP Poll along with Muhlenburg North and Montgomery County. Good to see three mountain teams of Paintsville, Hazard, and Shelby Valley in the Top 20.

Who knows?? Maybe Elliott was a few votes away from sharing the #20 spot with Shelby Valley. I'm sure many like this poll and consider it more accurate.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. This poll just happens to conflict with my opinion. :thumb:

Elliott has zero quality wins this year. I would put them in the 20-25 range. I think the Shelby Valley team has improved tremendously since that meeting in Rupp. That can be showed by a wins over Male and DeSales and a five point loss to J-town!

Elliott has zero quality wins this year. I would put them in the 20-25 range. I think the Shelby Valley team has improved tremendously since that meeting in Rupp. That can be showed by a wins over Male and DeSales and a five point loss to J-town!

Trojans--I must confess you are right. Shelby Valley does have 2 quality wins against Top 20 competition and a close game with J-Town. That loss to Pikeville is puzzling?? Although an Elliott supporter I can see the rational in a 20-25 range. Good points.

What hurts Elliott County is that (unless I'm forgetting something) they're 0-2 against top-20 teams in the poll, a double-digit loss to Covington Catholic on a neutral court and the blowout loss at Mason County. They just don't have much in the way of quality wins to offset those two games.

Put it together with the Rose Hill loss, and you get the picture of a team that hasn't fared very well in big games.