Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elliot Co. 85 Russell 34

Featured Replies

Final.

 

I said 50 points and they won by 51. Not a bad guess!:thumb:

  • Author

Congrats to Elliot Co. on the win.

I missed this one by 2pts. of the exact score, I had Elliot 83-34.

 

(just wish that I had picked the Raceland game right, I heard they lost to Boyd tonight w/o T. Boyles playing, haven't seen a final score yet to post. )

Congrats Elliot County. Big Win.

Final.

 

I said 50 points and they won by 51. Not a bad guess!:thumb:

 

ME TOO! :thumb:

49 -34 Boyd co. not a good senior night for the rams, Barker and Boyles have been battling sickness Barker had to go to the hospital for groin problems and kidney stones.

Pretty much as expected, now Elliott gets ready for their district games.

Congrats to Elliott County on the win.

Not a lot of posts here. Pretty much what everyone thought. One note. They played the two seniors majority of the game and subs played last 4 minutes of 1st half and last 6 minutes of the game. A close out the regular season game at 21-3 and now its Morgan next Tuesday in post season action. Let the real games begin!!!

  • Author

^ About how I figured it would go. :thumb: Good luck in the district.

Anyone have the stats for this game?

Jonathan Ferguson of Elliott Co proved to me and many others tonight just what a classy young man he is.:thumb: At halftime of the JV game he was shooting when Russell's young team manager ran out on the floor, rebounded the ball and took a shot. Jonathan then continued to rebound and pass the ball out to the young man and let him shoot for almost 5 minutes. Coach Dodd went out on the floor to give the young man a job and thanked Jonathan for his kindness.

 

Jonathan truely has a bright future ahead of him, and I'm not talking just about basketball. I hope his parents were in attendance to witness this.:thumb::fire:

That's Ferg, his parents are always there , grandparents, aunts and uncles and friends. Way to go ! This is the way most of the Elliott players are. Ferg was just being Ferg.

Congratulations Seniors!! You both played a great game. You sure will be missed!!

 

 

 

 

 

I didn't see Ferg shooting around with the young man but that's something that they all do at halftime usually with the young elementary school boys. Ferg is a polite, considerate young man. I've seen him (and other members of the team) exhibit these behaviors on a routine basis.

  • Author
Jonathan Ferguson of Elliott Co proved to me and many others tonight just what a classy young man he is.:thumb: At halftime of the JV game he was shooting when Russell's young team manager ran out on the floor, rebounded the ball and took a shot. Jonathan then continued to rebound and pass the ball out to the young man and let him shoot for almost 5 minutes. Coach Dodd went out on the floor to give the young man a job and thanked Jonathan for his kindness.

 

Jonathan truely has a bright future ahead of him, and I'm not talking just about basketball. I hope his parents were in attendance to witness this.:thumb::fire:

 

I am glad that you relayed this story duck, what a great gesture by the Ferguson kid from Elliot. There should be more stories and mention of things like this rather than when something goes wrong and/or bad with a kids actions. Seems to me anyway that people will jump on those kind of stories/actions and not mention this kind .......an obviously great kid showing a great amount of class in helping a young kid out.

 

All too often people want to concentrate on the negatives and put kids down, point out the "bad apples" so to speak. There a far more good kids like J. Ferguson than there are bad ones.......far more.

Kudos again to Elliot Co.'s Jonathan Ferguson and to Russell's coach Dodd for recognizing him :thumb:. (and to you duck for posting this ;))

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.