February 18, 200818 yr Duke shot 40% overalll...8-28 from the three for a whopping 28%. ouch! That and the free throw %...
February 18, 200818 yr Author I agree. UK just may be in the NIT. That is not an absolute either, U.K. imo has to finish strong to go anywhere in the post season. This is a Duke/Wake thread though so I won't hi jack my own thread.......is that possible??? :confused::lol:
February 18, 200818 yr ouch! That and the free throw %... I think I saw like 52% but not for sure...Hopefully they got their sub par game out of them.
February 18, 200818 yr I love it, Duke losing, cant wait to read the paper, what a great start to the week.
February 18, 200818 yr UK will definitely be in NIT if not NCAA. They will have a winning record and will make the NCAA plenty of money in the NIT.
February 18, 200818 yr UK will definitely be in NIT if not NCAA. They will have a winning record and will make the NCAA plenty of money in the NIT. For what you said above, I can't see them getting to the tourney. The NCAA doesn't stand to gain much fiscally by UK getting in the tourney. Now, if they get into the NIT, there are a lot of $$$$'s to be had...I think that will play a factor in the end.
February 18, 200818 yr For what you said above, I can't see them getting to the tourney. The NCAA doesn't stand to gain much fiscally by UK getting in the tourney. Now, if they get into the NIT, there are a lot of $$$$'s to be had...I think that will play a factor in the end. Why is that?
February 18, 200818 yr For what you said above, I can't see them getting to the tourney. The NCAA doesn't stand to gain much fiscally by UK getting in the tourney. Now, if they get into the NIT, there are a lot of $$$$'s to be had...I think that will play a factor in the end. And, if UK takes care of business on the court, it won't matter :thumb:
February 18, 200818 yr Why is that? Because whoever goes to the NCAA tourney, the games will likely be sold out.....in the NIT, that isn't always the case...imagine two more home games at Rupp in the NIT...$$$$'s
February 18, 200818 yr Because whoever goes to the NCAA tourney, the games will likely be sold out.....in the NIT, that isn't always the case...imagine two more home games at Rupp in the NIT...$$$$'s I see your point. However, I have been to many NCAA tourny games. Unless it is a big draw (i.e. UK, UL, Duke, UNC), I have never found games to be sold out. For example, a couple years ago when UL was in Nashville, I had tickets to both sessions. The session in which UL was not in, tickets were literally be given away outside because the other teams were not bringing anyone.
February 18, 200818 yr The #1 rival of the University of Kentucky. DUKe is a team that UK fans despise and are justified in doing so. CL made that very possible with his "stomp the Cat" fiasco. DUKe is a team I thoroughly enjoy watching get beat regardless of their opponent. It is a Religion in our part of the state and the pulpit grows each basketball season.
February 18, 200818 yr Author DUKe is a team that UK fans despise and are justified in doing so. CL made that very possible with his "stomp the Cat" fiasco. DUKe is a team I thoroughly enjoy watching get beat regardless of their opponent. It is a Religion in our part of the state and the pulpit grows each basketball season. :lol: Like I said, DUKe is far from our (U.K.'s) main rival .................we just really enjoy them getting beat. (by anyone)
February 19, 200818 yr I hate Duke, however, I do not see how that would imply that I somehow see them as UK's #1 rival. I also hate the Yankees, I'm just not impressed with a team that dominates while spending dollars on the penny compared to other teams in MLB. Mainly I guess it is for the same reasons why most people hate Notre Dame.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.