Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wake Forrest 86 Duke 73

Featured Replies

  • Author
At 16-8, 6-5 in conference now, Wake Forest will end up being one of those infamous "bubble teams" we will hear about when the conference tournaments start.

 

You figure if they keep playing at .500, they would need at least 1 win in the ACC tournament to get an at large bid.

 

:thumb: IMO one of those teams that could knock U.K. out if the Cats are in a position to maybe get a bid.;).

Wake plays UNC this week I believe, I don't think that they will get it but they imo could almost lock down a bid with a win there.

  • Replies 60
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Duke called for 31 fouls, Wake Forest 20. BUT here was the difference in the game.

 

Duke 13-25 from the foul line

 

Wake Forest 27-38

 

I'm not a math expert, but I think that's a 14 point swing and the final margin was 13. Can't expect to shoot around 50 percent from the foul line and win.

  • Author
As much as I like to see Duke lose, this actually hurts UK a little. This adds another team to the shrinking bubble.

 

:thumb: Check my last post.

Duke shot very poorly from the FT line, while also being called for a whopping 31 fouls. That said, this loss won't mean much, it will be forgotten about in the end, and they will drive forward now.

"And there was rejoicing in the Bluegrass at the news their fierce, hated rival had been vanquished ..."

 

The #1 rival of the University of Kentucky.

  • Author
Duke called for 31 fouls, Wake Forest 20. BUT here was the difference in the game.

 

Duke 13-25 from the foul line

 

Wake Forest 27-38

 

I'm not a math expert, but I think that's a 14 point swing and the final margin was 13. Can't expect to shoot around 50 percent from the foul line and win.

 

:thumb:

  • Author
The #1 rival of the University of Kentucky.

 

Not at all, we just like seeing them get beat. :lol::lol::thumb:

Thanks for playng though........:p

^ Hey, I am cool with them losing.....they can't continue to over-achieve all season.

Duke shot very poorly from the FT line, while also being called for a whopping 31 fouls. That said, this loss won't mean much, it will be forgotten about in the end, and they will drive forward now.

 

I said in a couple game threads back that if there was a weak spot it was the free throw shooting. In all the games though it hadn't been a problem..Looks like it was a problem tonight, but even if they shot 90% they still don't win.

  • Author
^ Hey, I am cool with them losing.....they can't continue to over-achieve all season.

 

I was talking about calling them U.K.'s #1 rival. I am not a member of that famous pct. that some talk about. I don't consider them a big rival, just like seeing them get beat. ;):thumb:

^ Hey, I am cool with them losing.....they can't continue to over-achieve all season.

 

I'm not a Duke fan at all, but looking at their schedule, 14 of their 22 wins have been against teams in the RPI top 100 and 10 of those 14 have been in the top 50 I believe.

 

I don't know if that's over achieving, but if so, that's still purdy darn good.

Wow. Big Upset. Congrats Wake Forest.

I said in a couple game threads back that if there was a weak spot it was the free throw shooting. In all the games though it hadn't been a problem..Looks like it was a problem tonight, but even if they shot 90% they still don't win.
You can't really say that, made ft's allow for setting up the press, and simply getting back on defense. Wake was out and running a lot tonight, Duke had to foul in some instances. Duke got outplayed no doubt, they actually looked a bit tired, and seemed to be behind on a lot of passes. They go to Miami on Wednesday, and host St. John's next Saturday. They then have a toughie at home to Georgia Tech, then they go on the road to NC State and Virginia, and lastly, bring it home with UNC....worst case they should go 4-1 down the stretch, and they could run it....they are in good shape right now.

It's funny, yet predictable that of every game thread I've started on here about Duke..this one has the most posts and it hasnt even been 30 minutes yet. :lol:

^ sure.....you forget it used to be just me battling for them, and they were a better team then. Either way, I have enjoyed this basketball season, and will have enjoyed it, regardless of the outcome.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.