Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Officals Complaints?

Featured Replies

What if any means can complaints be filed about poor officals? Can AD's file complaints or is this done by assigning sec. observation or is this done at all?

  • Replies 48
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say the best way to handle an official complaint would be by going through the AD of the school. They have contact with the Assigning Secretary and would be the professional way of handling it--talk to the AD.

What if any means can complaints be filed about poor officals? Can AD's file complaints or is this done by assigning sec. observation or is this done at all?

 

Depends who and what you are. If your a fan just deal with it, cause you don't have a voice. If your a coach you can go thru you AD or direct to the KHSAA with your AD approval. If your a player start with your coach and take it thu you chain of command. If your another official just quit cause you must not be in the right group...lol, that was a joke, kind of. Must be in the 13th, 14th, or 15th, if I was gussing the 13th.:walk:

Or you can just realize that everyone, everywhere, at every level thinks that the officiating is bad and deal with it. Coaches have scratches to get rid of officials who they think are the worst or they have developed a personality conflict with.

I would have to say that there is not enough scratches for all the bad offiicials - you have to choose who is the best of the worst. It would be nice if the quality of officiating would improve. There are some really bad ones out there that somehow manage to get district and region games- I would like to see girls get the same quality as the boys but that will never happen.

I would have to say that there is not enough scratches for all the bad offiicials - you have to choose who is the best of the worst. It would be nice if the quality of officiating would improve. There are some really bad ones out there that somehow manage to get district and region games- I would like to see girls get the same quality as the boys but that will never happen.

 

If all of the "officials" in the stands that know so much more about the game would apply to become one, then the quality would improve.

Heard a great one this weekend. Someone from the stands was calling for a carry. Said you are not allowed to dribble above the waist.:lol:

If all of the "officials" in the stands that know so much more about the game would apply to become one, then the quality would improve.

 

 

Agree 100%

I would have to say that there is not enough scratches for all the bad offiicials - you have to choose who is the best of the worst. It would be nice if the quality of officiating would improve. There are some really bad ones out there that somehow manage to get district and region games- I would like to see girls get the same quality as the boys but that will never happen.

 

If it still holds true in the BBA, officials are required to call both girls and boys games. The BBA covers the 10th and 11th region.

If all of the "officials" in the stands that know so much more about the game would apply to become one, then the quality would improve.

 

Or on the sidelines.:flame::dancingpa

Or on the sidelines.:flame::dancingpa

 

True.....

 

I guess that at this point in the season, I am just tired of the constant line of crap yelled at officials...they are talked to like animals. I hate it.

 

For those of you that don't know, I am NOT an official.

Heard a great one this weekend. Someone from the stands was calling for a carry. Said you are not allowed to dribble above the waist.:lol:

 

While I've never heard the waist as the line of delineation , I have heard fans yell that you're not allowed to dribble above your shoulder/head.

While I've never heard the waist as the line of delineation , I have heard fans yell that you're not allowed to dribble above your shoulder/head.

 

If the ball goes above the head, I could understand their concern because it looks weird.

 

But the WAIST. That cracked me up.

If the ball goes above the head, I could understand their concern because it looks weird.

 

But the WAIST. That cracked me up.

 

So the young kids with their low waistlines would be in trouble.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.