Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Officals Complaints?

Featured Replies

That is a great point! Do they not keep rotating though to different positions throughout the game ? It should at some point even itself out I would think.

 

They rotate everytime a foul is called so it should work itself out throughout the course of the game.

  • Replies 48
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

Same offical, one play on the baseline the other on the wing.

They rotate everytime a foul is called so it should work itself out throughout the course of the game.

 

Throughout the game yes, but on those back-to-back possessions where a foul was not called on one end and then called on the other. No it wouldn't.

I would have to say that there is not enough scratches for all the bad offiicials - you have to choose who is the best of the worst. It would be nice if the quality of officiating would improve. There are some really bad ones out there that somehow manage to get district and region games- I would like to see girls get the same quality as the boys but that will never happen.

 

I contacted a BBA official which covers the 10th and 11th regions and they indicated that a BBA official has to do a minimum of 6 girls games per season to be eligible for the postseason.

I contacted a BBA official which covers the 10th and 11th regions and they indicated that a BBA official has to do a minimum of 6 girls games per season to be eligible for the postseason.

 

Does that apply to the 8th or 9th region? Be intersting to know.....

For the life of me, I can never remember getting in the car after a game and saying, "Gosh Honey wasn't that game well officiated", even if it was, it has never been said and never will be.

 

I hate to say it, but it is what it is, it just is.

For the life of me, I can never remember getting in the car after a game and saying, "Gosh Honey wasn't that game well officiated", even if it was, it has never been said and never will be.

 

I hate to say it, but it is what it is, it just is.

 

A well officiated game is one that the officials are not noticed and not commented on. So, if you got into the car and didn't make a comment about them, they probably did a pretty good job.

 

I would add that many, many times, the officiating is blamed but not the reason why the team lost.

A well officiated game is one that the officials are not noticed and not commented on. So, if you got into the car and didn't make a comment about them, they probably did a pretty good job.

 

I would add that many, many times, the officiating is blamed but not the reason why the team lost.

 

I would agree to both- you should not notice the officials and if it comes down to one call or even several, you generally have so many missed opportunities like free throws, uncontested shots or unforced to's - it is very hard to blame the outcome soley on the officials.

 

You may feel that way initially, but if you look at it the next say (the good ole 24 hr rule) you will be able to see where you had chances to win - you just didn't capitalize on them.

 

I would add though, that a few well-timed bad calls can really change the momentum and most good teams will find a way to use that to their advantage.

Why is it the ref's favorite line to a coach is "thats not my call" that kills me if they see it call it.

Why is it the ref's favorite line to a coach is "thats not my call" that kills me if they see it call it.

 

And the fans really love it when the out of position ref makes a call against their team. You really can't win.

Why is it the ref's favorite line to a coach is "thats not my call" that kills me if they see it call it.

 

If both refs are watching the same play, who is watching everything else going on?

It is aggrivating that a ref sees it and won't call it because he doesn't want to step on the head officials toes- that happens a lot too!

 

What is the exact role of the head official (other than checking the book) and is it an unwritten rule to let them make the majority of the calls? Just curious and how do they decide who is the head official? Is it seniority?

I was unaware that one was designated the "head referee". I know that one is the referee and others are umpires. Other than checking the book and tossing the ball to begin the game, I can't imagine there are much diffences. I would be very surprised if the head referee is supposed to make most of the calls. I think they call what they see unless it is right in front of the other official and assume they had a better view.

  • Author

In a game this week on a drive to the basket there was a hard foul that forced the player to drop the ball which the opposing team picked up and took the other way, the reason a call was not made the official could not find her whistle she raised her arm to make the call but did have the whistle, so she just let it go, and let the game go on. :eek:

In a game this week on a drive to the basket there was a hard foul that forced the player to drop the ball which the opposing team picked up and took the other way, the reason a call was not made the official could not find her whistle she raised her arm to make the call but did have the whistle, so she just let it go, and let the game go on. :eek:

 

Lost her whistle?? I've heard of refs "swallowing" their whistle.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.