Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will Cooksey return to Fairview?

Featured Replies

I was just wondering if anyone back home had heard if Rex Cooksey will return next year as basketball coach. I see that he resigned the football position so McPeek could move in will he do the same for his son in basketball?

I have know inside information or anyway of knowing for sure but I saw Cooksey in action last night and he sure seem to still have the passion. If and when the reigns are turned over to his oldest son the program will be in excellent hands.

Lord have mercy! I read this thread title and thought where has Rex gone to. Did he leave town after last night's game? Is there an APB?

 

Glad to see that I was wrong. It's a short drive from Fairview to Rose Hill and back, sound like he made it safe and sound.

I can't imagine Cooksey retiring until at least his fine group of sophmores graduate.

  • Author

It is my understanding that this could be one of many possible job changes within the 16th region this off season. Shear speculation but who knows.

I can't imagine Cooksey retiring until at least his fine group of sophmores graduate.

 

I can't see this either.

  • Author
I can't see this either.

 

So I guess this means another year of Rick Mayes?

 

Does it mean the end of Zornes, Dodd, and Biggs since the talent pipelines at their schools aren't exactly busting.

 

As for Cooksey why would he want to turn the program over to his son with the cupboard is empty. Wouldn't it make more since to let him have immediate success?

So I guess this means another year of Rick Mayes?

 

Does it mean the end of Zornes, Dodd, and Biggs since the talent pipelines at their schools aren't exactly busting.

 

As for Cooksey why would he want to turn the program over to his son with the cupboard is empty. Wouldn't it make more since to let him have immediate success?

 

 

That's a good point, but what if his son doesn't have the success that everyone would expect with the talent that would be returning. It could put him in tough position.

Yes Rick will be there until they carry him out.:D:D

  • Author
That's a good point, but what if his son doesn't have the success that everyone would expect with the talent that would be returning. It could put him in tough position.

 

I'm sure he has alot of confidence in his boy. I personally think the young man will do a great job.

 

I would rather take over Fairview in the next two years than the schools I mentioned earlier. Someone, whether it's the current coaches or their replacement(s) are in for a long hard ride.

  • Author
Yes Rick will be there until they carry him out.:D:D

 

I would say he has earned that right.

Mr. Wizard isn't going anywhere just yet.:scared:

 

He loves the game too much.:thumb:

So I guess this means another year of Rick Mayes?

 

Does it mean the end of Zornes, Dodd, and Biggs since the talent pipelines at their schools aren't exactly busting.

 

As for Cooksey why would he want to turn the program over to his son with the cupboard is empty. Wouldn't it make more since to let him have immediate success?

 

Good subject here Corleone. There definetly could be some changes in the offseason, but probably not as many as expected.

 

I definetly dont see Mays leaving yet. Not for at least one more year and the boys graduate.

 

Zornes, Dodd and Biggs all have different situations:

1. All of them do have a large lack of talent in the program, for a few years.

2. Zornes still has the school/community support thru the tough times. At first I believe he was ready to give up, but now believe he is taking this as a challenge. And trust me it will be a challenge for a couple of years, but will pay off.

3. From what I have been told with Dodd is he has lost his support from the Community, and possibly did not have much support to start with. The word Politics came up in the conversation a couple of times. Dodd seems to be decent coach, but not familiar with him to comment more that what I have been told.

4. Biggs - Good coach, but the cupboard is bare and will loose support real quick, if not already lost, in Ashland if you are not winning night after night. I would say Flynn is saying "I told you so" somewhere right now.

 

On the subject of Cooksey. I cant see him giving up Coaching. Also would be tough to turn the program over to his Son when there is a guy there by the name of Jeff Hall. Unless Jeff has offered to assist and help Rex's son to grow as a Coach. If so, then it is a great time to turn over the helm.:thumb:

Will GCHS trust its fragile program to someone with very little experience? or will they try to bring in someone whose name demands respect not only from the kids but also from the parents

  • Author

On the subject of Cooksey. I cant see him giving up Coaching. Also would be tough to turn the program over to his Son when there is a guy there by the name of Jeff Hall. Unless Jeff has offered to assist and help Rex's son to grow as a Coach. If so, then it is a great time to turn over the helm.:thumb:

 

Hall obviously would do an excellent job if he were to take over at Fairview. I just don't see him doing that once his son graduates. His boys seem to have the ability to play in college and if that's the case he may want to be able to go see him play when he wants.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.