Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

1978 National Champions being honored on Saturday

Featured Replies

ttt

Are they going to be signing autographs before the game at the UK museum?

I was in the seventh grade that year...:creepy:

 

From What I can remember most of the games that year were not televised...

I do remember watching the final four and the Championship game...

 

Games weren't televised as much then as now. However I recall the Cats were on a number of Regional games through Jeffererson Pilot's SEC games. I remember that some were National Saturday games. Notre Dame, UNLV and the tourney games. Some were broadcast on UKTV before the SEC began.

 

That was the first year that I was able to attend a lot of games. I think I went to 5 home games that season. Ahhh, the memories.

One final irony about that title game which also reveals a little bias by some vs. UK in the media. (I'm not a big conspiracy guy, just believe there are biases in us all.)

 

Givens was not the unanimous MVP of the game. Believe it or not, 1 ballot was cast for Gene Banks and one for Jim Sparnarkel of Duke. How anyone in clear conscience could have cast an MVP ballot for anyone other than Givens is ridiculous.

I was in boot camp at that time and I remember one of the guys I met there was a huge Duke fan. Needless to say, I didn't let up on him and we became very good friends from that point.

This 78 team IMO is one of the top five Kentucky greatest teams ever.

This 78 team IMO is one of the top five Kentucky greatest teams ever.

 

:thumb:

Further proof that YouTube is just awesome. :thumb:

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSUOLfczQ1M

 

The one play I always remember (besides James Lee's game ending dunk) is Goose banking it in from the corner. It was his night.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.