Best P. A. person?

The person behind the microphone who announces your game can really add to the "home" atmosphere. Good ones make the game more exciting. Bad ones are out there too. Most of these people are volunteers.

The best I have heard is David Morris of Gallatin County. He is a true professional and volunteers for both the boys and girls programs.

Any others worth mentioning out there?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The person behind the microphone who announces your game can really add to the "home" atmosphere. Good ones make the game more exciting. Bad ones are out there too. Most of these people are volunteers.

The best I have heard is David Morris of Gallatin County. He is a true professional and volunteers for both the boys and girls programs.

Any others worth mentioning out there?

I would have to agree!:D He has a little help once in a while!:D

Sonny Crockett....you are so right!!!!!!! I was there for a game and was wishing I brought ear-plugs. I also didn't need him to explain after every "jump-ball" why the ball was being given to the team it was being given to......."due to the alternate possession rule Campbell County will in-bounds the ball". I think most people understand the purpose of the possession arrow with out being told over and over during the game. Maybe it was just because it was so loud I didn't want him to say any more than he absolutely had to.

Sonny Crockett....you are so right!!!!!!! I was there for a game and was wishing I brought ear-plugs. I also didn't need him to explain after every "jump-ball" why the ball was being given to the team it was being given to......."due to the alternate possession rule Campbell County will in-bounds the ball". I think most people understand the purpose of the possession arrow with out being told over and over during the game. Maybe it was just because it was so loud I didn't want him to say any more than he absolutely had to.

You guys are right! He's more of a play-by-play man than a P.A. man. Can get annoying very quickly.

The guy at Bracken Co. is very good.

Our guy at Owsley County, Jamie Brunk, does a great job as a PA man in my opinion, from his opening "Welcome to beautiful downtown Booneville!!!', to his "God bless and have a safe trip home." Jamie has been the Owls' PA since the early 1990s..... and, he sings the national anthem, too.:thumb:

Our guy at Owsley County, Jamie Brunk, does a great job as a PA man in my opinion, from his opening "Welcome to beautiful downtown Booneville!!!', to his "God bless and have a safe trip home." Jamie has been the Owls' PA since the early 1990s..... and, he sings the national anthem, too.:thumb:

The beginning goes Welcome to basketball in Booooooonevilllllle!!! And he is one of the best I have heard.