Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Perry Central 50 Breathitt Co. 34

Featured Replies

Final

Not exactly a scoring exhibition by the Bobcats.

Perry must be playing much better, and at the right time going into the home stretch toward the tournament at the end of this month.

Perry must be playing much better, and at the right time going into the home stretch toward the tournament at the end of this month.

 

I was thinking the same thing. I would be one bit surprised to see Perry Central make a run at the 14th Region title.

By the way, hard to believe the wheels fell off so bad for Breathitt County this year.

Perry is catching fire. I watched them play easlier in the season and then again a week or so ago and looks like 2 different teams. The biggest difference is the confidence. This teams shoots a lot of 3's and if they are hitting then they are dangerous.

Coupled with the win over June Buchanan, it looks as if it's a little early to kick dirt on Allan Hatcher's grave.

The Defense is what is doing it for them. They have finally bought into Coach Hatcher's defensive game plans and realize they have to play defense first and the offense will take care of itself. The did finally start hitting some shots in their offensive sets which has helped a lot, but as long as they play the defense like they are supposed too, it will make it difficult for teams to score against them.

I agree with that. I think they held JBS to 13 points in the first half. They could beat anyone in the 14th right now.

Im not suprises by this score. Things at Breathitt hasnt been going well this whole year. After the Fugate brothers quit and Nick Noble going to owsley, they were left bare. I know they still have Hollan and Smith but two players cant do it for the bobcats. I dont see Banks there to much longer after this year. The alumi has been wanting a change of coach since the beginning of the season and with what the bobcats are doing I think they are going to get their wish.

Who would be next in line for the job? Would they try to lure Coach Noble back from Owsley County? He did a great job at SMS their in Jackson.

I was thinking the same thing. I would be one bit surprised to see Perry Central make a run at the 14th Region title.

 

This would not suprise me either! Coach Hatcher is a great coach and always had some really good teams down at Graves County. If the people over in Perry Central will just be patient with him, then I think that things will workout. Good luck Coach! :thumb:

Im not suprises by this score. Things at Breathitt hasnt been going well this whole year. After the Fugate brothers quit and Nick Noble going to owsley, they were left bare. I know they still have Hollan and Smith but two players cant do it for the bobcats. I dont see Banks there to much longer after this year. The alumi has been wanting a change of coach since the beginning of the season and with what the bobcats are doing I think they are going to get their wish.

 

I don't see Banks going anywhere soon. He had two kids that both started the first ten or so games and then decided to quit. Noble started every game last year and decided to follow his uncle to Owsley Co. and sit out the year, which resulted in playing several young players this year. Breathitt has several sophomores that are gaining lots of experience as well as a couple eighth graders and maybe a freshman or two. Breathitt will be pretty solid next year and can still make a run this post season. I wouldn't be surpised to see them win the district and being able to beat a runner-up from another district and getting back to the region semi-finals. I don't think the alumni will be able to decide if a coach stays or not.

  • Author
I don't see Banks going anywhere soon. He had two kids that both started the first ten or so games and then decided to quit. Noble started every game last year and decided to follow his uncle to Owsley Co. and sit out the year, which resulted in playing several young players this year. Breathitt has several sophomores that are gaining lots of experience as well as a couple eighth graders and maybe a freshman or two. Breathitt will be pretty solid next year and can still make a run this post season. I wouldn't be surpised to see them win the district and being able to beat a runner-up from another district and getting back to the region semi-finals. I don't think the alumni will be able to decide if a coach stays or not.

 

Sort of makes it sound like things just happened. But with about 3 solid players electing not to come back out this year, Noble leaving, the 2 Fugates quitting mid-season, as well as the Combs kid quitting mid-season, and I'm told only one or two freshmen came out for the team this year? Doesn't take a genius to figure things out.

I agree 100% with you. With potentially 4 starters quiting, things just happened. With Noble leaving for the sake of family. The two fugate brothers and combs quiting makes me wonder what is going on, they all three were phenomenal athletes that could have helped Breathitt claim the 14th region title.

I've heard a couple of coach's in the region say that as far a potential goes that Perry has top 3 in teams that aernt already ranked top 2 in the region.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.