Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Favorite Coach Knight.....

Featured Replies

It seems there was an IU professor who weighed in on Coach Knight's basketball program and offered some helpful tips through the media on how Coach Knight could better run his program.

 

On his weekly television or radio coaches show, Coach Knight told that the same professor was chairing a committee that was trying to decide between two types of flowers to plant in front of one of the buildings on campus. Seems there had been some debate and they had gone weeks without being able to come to a decision.

 

He "knew" that this was an important decision for an IU professor and seeing how his committee couldn't make a decision he wanted his listeners to offer "tips" to the professor.

 

It seems he gave out the professor's college phone number and asked those listening to his show to call the professor and give their opinion between the two flowers.

 

Seems the professors voicemail was filled for awhile.

To many to count...

- "Games" faces was VERY funny!!

I am curious to see what your alls favorite Coach Knight moment is. Was it at a press conference or a tirade on the court?

 

Curious to hear you what you guys say.

 

I had several. Every time he lost a game.:cool:

When my time on earth is gone, and my activities here are passed, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can....

 

Senior Day 1994 Indiana University Mens Basketball

 

:thumb:

I have many for Coach Knight. I read his book years ago, Season On The Brink and LOVED it. I really think he is under appreciated for what he did w/graduating his players and his coaching ability! We all look at the crazy stuff and forget how GREAT a coach he really is!

I have many for Coach Knight. I read his book years ago, Season On The Brink and LOVED it. I really think he is under appreciated for what he did w/graduating his players and his coaching ability! We all look at the crazy stuff and forget how GREAT a coach he really is!

 

Great book! One of my favorites. Agree with the rest, too, but some will always bring up the negatives first.

You are right and w/Knight it is understandable. To me it is just ashame at times that the good is overlooked so often!

I believe the "bury me" comment, to the Indiana faithful, was hilarious.

 

Yeah, I saw that one on SportsCenter this morning when they were talking about Knight. It is pretty hilarious. He never seemed to have a loss for words, did he? And he definately didn't care to say how he felt. :lol:

  • Author

I always respected him because he didnt care who was around and at what moment he spoke his mind!

Outside of the chair toss, I always think of the "game face" comment.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.