Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Perry County 58 June Buchanan 44

Featured Replies

shocked by this one. I guess coach Hatcher's kids are getting his system - kind of like UK?

44 points from JBS is a bit of a surprise. Is Cox still out?

  • Author

Tate Cox played, no excuses for JBS.

What? February basketball in the 14th.

I know the district is still awhile away, but June Buchanan would be wise to start playing better basketball. Their district is loaded with minefields. Perhaps four of the five best teams in the 14th Region are found in that district: JBS, Letcher County Central, Knott County Central and Cordia. Not only that, but Jenkins made a good showing last season.

 

Time for JBS to right the ship.

I know the district is still awhile away, but June Buchanan would be wise to start playing better basketball. Their district is loaded with minefields. Perhaps four of the five best teams in the 14th Region are found in that district: JBS, Letcher County Central, Knott County Central and Cordia. Not only that, but Jenkins made a good showing last season.

 

Time for JBS to right the ship.

 

I've only seen one of their games - against Mason County in Lexington, so maybe I'm talking out of school. From what I saw, JBS relied way too much on one of the Stepps and not nearly enough on the other. Just tried to do way too much himself. Again, that's from only one game, so I don't know if that's typical or not.

Final.:eek:

 

This is a shocker!

I've only seen one of their games - against Mason County in Lexington, so maybe I'm talking out of school. From what I saw, JBS relied way too much on one of the Stepps and not nearly enough on the other. Just tried to do way too much himself. Again, that's from only one game, so I don't know if that's typical or not.
That has been thier downfall for the past three years. I doubt though you will see any changes in that.

I was at the game, from what I saw it does not matter if Cox plays or not , clark is going to shoot every single time down the court.

 

Got to give Pcc and Coach Hatcher some credit, they looked pretty good and played alot harder than Jbs.

I was at the game, from what I saw it does not matter if Cox plays or not , clark is going to shoot every single time down the court.

 

Got to give Pcc and Coach Hatcher some credit, they looked pretty good and played alot harder than Jbs.

 

Nicely put. I still dont think that the Perry team I have watched a couple times is the team that June B. is but I could be wrong also. Looks like the time off that Cox was forced to take might had thrown them off just a tad.

I say this might hurt them a tad in the rankings in the state.

44 points from JBS is a bit of a surprise. Is Cox still out?

 

That surprises me as well!! Would have never guessed this would happen!!

Cox looked like the time off got to him somewhat to me. I think JBS relies way to much on Clark Stepp. Cox is a very good player, Clark's brother Clint is also good. They have a good big man on the inside and they get rebounds. I dont see why they dont work the inside out game more. They need to work their big man if they want to think about making a run to the sweet 16. IMO

VERY,VERY surprised at this outcome.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.