Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Underrated Analysts

Featured Replies

I have to nominate Doris Burke. She seems to know her stuff. When she has to "catch the coach" at halftime, she always seems to come right to the point. I enjoy listening to her, usually much more than the commentator she happens to be working with.

 

I'm sure there are others; she's just one of the ones I like best.

My favorite and he may not be underrated is Clark Kellogg.

  • Author

I like Kellogg as well; also Len Elmore, but Kellogg is a bit better IMHO.

I think Doug Gotlieb, is very interesting and will stand on his position.

Doris Burke is good. I would love to see a combo of her and Jay Bilas, with someone LIKE Dick Vitale (in terms of humor)

I think Doug Gotlieb, is very interesting and will stand on his position.

 

I'd rather chew glass than listen to Gotdweeb...

Interesting to hear you call a guy that played college ball a dweeb...

Interesting to hear you call a guy that played college ball a dweeb...

If I call him a thief, will that be OK with you?

 

He's awful in studio and doing color. Flat out awful...

I'd rather chew glass than listen to Gotdweeb...

Thank you, one of the worst.

If I call him a thief, will that be OK with you?

 

He's awful in studio and doing color. Flat out awful...

 

Much better.

 

Seemed like a good opportunity to give ya a hard time.

 

You are correct that he struggles with many aspects of the business. Sometimes I enjoy him on the radio, though. He makes some interesting points, even if his delivery isnt exactly the best.

 

You are correct that he struggles with many aspects of the business. Sometimes I enjoy him on the radio, though. He makes some interesting points, even if his delivery isnt exactly the best.

 

I agree here. I enjoy Gottlieb and his radio show, but not a fan of the college hoops analyst Gottlieb.

Jay Bilas has become my favorite, btw.

Jay Bilas has become my favorite, btw.

 

:thumb:Mine, too. Very impartial and knowledgeable. Bilas is one of the few that do not seem to be trying to promote some hidden (or not so hidden) agenda.

I know this sounds bad, but I do not care for female play by play or color analysts during commentary, or at least not for football or men's basketball. I simply don't like the chemistry of the "talent" if you would. For what it's worth, one of my fav's was eating at Morton's here last night. Sean McDonough...he was eating with Bill Raftery and Jim Boeheim.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.