Louisville area D1 prospects 2008

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding Tim Phillips...is he a kid who at the D1 level can carry it 25-30 times a game? Probably not. But is he a kid who can impact a ballgame? Absolutely! I see him getting a chance, most likely by a team who will utilize his abilities to work in space, as punt/kick returner, receiver and as a runner.

Have the Dutton twins received any offers?

From a good source, they are leaning to going to UK and trying to walk on.

Same thing different school with Wes Weitlauf, Will Stein, and Alex Kupper but these 3 will be going to U of L. So with Robey, Whiting, Brock Messina, and Tim Phillips as D1, that might of been the greatest assortment of D1 talent ever at Trinity.

DJ Hall from St.Xavier attended the Michigan Junior day yesterday, and was also invited to the Michigan Senior Elite camp this summer. Louisville, Indiana, Purdue, Marshall, BC and numerous other schools are in the mix.

DJ will be on a lot more schools radar before it's over.

From a good source, they are leaning to going to UK and trying to walk on.

Same thing different school with Wes Weitlauf, Will Stein, and Alex Kupper but these 3 will be going to U of L. So with Robey, Whiting, Brock Messina, and Tim Phillips as D1, that might of been the greatest assortment of D1 talent ever at Trinity.

The Trinity team from 1968 (graduating class of 1969) had Tom Rittle and Alan Hennessey get schollies to Georgia Tech. Steve Sutton. I believe, went to Brown (no scholarship since the Ivy League does not give them AND Ivies may have been 1AA at that time). Junior Dennis Scully may have gotten a scholarship. May have been others on that team. What about the teams that had the Gardner brothers on them? Did Raible play with them?

The Trinity team from 1968 (graduating class of 1969) had Tom Rittle and Alan Hennessey get schollies to Georgia Tech. Steve Sutton. I believe, went to Brown (no scholarship since the Ivy League does not give them AND Ivies may have been 1AA at that time). Junior Dennis Scully may have gotten a scholarship. May have been others on that team. What about the teams that had the Gardner brothers on them? Did Raible play with them?

Steve Raible played in the early '70's (72-73?). The Gardners played in the early-mid 80's on teams w/ Andy Murray & Mike Pfeifer & won titles in '83 & '85.:thumb:

Harvey, from St X has been/invited to Michigan, WKU, Marshall, & Louisville junior day. Received lit from Purdue, Indiana, BC, Aurburn, Tennessee, Virginia, NC State, & many other smaller schools.

I must have missed him. Did he start? Was he injured?

Seth attended St X 1/2 his Freshman year, played on the Russell State Runner-up team his Sophomore year (4th on the team in tackles as a DT, and moved back to St X when I got re-transferred to Louisville. He played every two series rotating with the senior in front of him. He played on the defensive side of the ball mostly at Russell and when he was on the offensive side, they ran a wing-T system. Last year was an adjustment time for him. Since they had a good RT who had put in his dues, they could afford to bring Seth on more slowly. He's really improving rapidly.

Seth attended St X 1/2 his Freshman year, played on the Russell State Runner-up team his Sophomore year (4th on the team in tackles as a DT, and moved back to St X when I got re-transferred to Louisville. He played every two series rotating with the senior in front of him. He played on the defensive side of the ball mostly at Russell and when he was on the offensive side, they ran a wing-T system. Last year was an adjustment time for him. Since they had a good RT who had put in his dues, they could afford to bring Seth on more slowly. He's really improving rapidly.

That is good news for Tiger fans.