Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All "A" Classic - R1: St. Henry Crusaders vs. University Heights

Featured Replies

Recently St. Henry beat Boone... I would venture to say that right now they are playing their best ball of the season...

  • Replies 34
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry, we'll be there on time... Just try to figure out a way to stop Hopson and Edmondson who throw down at will. I saw these two against the Colquitt Ga. team.... They can put on a very nice show. Brossart did an excellent job last year.... But I think I can smell sweet revenge in the air.:ylsuper:
I don't know that Hopson's and Edmondson's ability to "throw down at will" is very relevant to this game. I suspect that Dave Faust, one of the state's most underrated coaches, will try his best to slow down the game. Hopson's and Edmondson's ability to play pressure defense, disrupt the offense and force some turnovers may mean more than their ability to dunk it any way you want it.

 

And ... how would beating St. Henry be revenge for the loss to Brossart? :confused:

Not winning the All A....

  • Author
UH has the MOST experience in the All A... they have NEVER lost in the first round... and i'm not sure but I would say UH has just about as many wins in the All A as the rest of the teams combined.... I honestly would compare this game with the Super Bowl... I believe everyone would be suprised by the upset... But upsets are what sports are best known for... St. Henry will have to play ALOT better then they have against some of the better teams they have played this year to run with the Blazers. I honestly know nothing of St. Henry or their defense... But i'm going UH by 11.

I just hope St. Henry can keep it close... :cry: :sssh:

 

-CF

Recently St. Henry beat Boone... I would venture to say that right now they are playing their best ball of the season...

 

I agree that their coach has them playing well now. I think they are on a 4-5 game win streak. They shot lights out against Boone, especially on free throws.

Not winning the All A....
They won't win it by beating St. Henry, either. And I fail to see how beating St. Henry is revenge for last year's loss to Brossart.

The Crusaders lost by 23 to a not so good St. X team. I was at this game and if anyone else was they can agree St. X was on fire that night and St. Henry was not.

 

Since that night they have won 7 out of their last 8. It seemed to start with some good play from Senior PG Adrew Baker who has learned to slow down and react to what the defense is giving him. Before the St. X game he was turning it over way too much and had people asking why he was starting. Now he is the 9th Region All A MVP of the tournament.

 

Not to mention the only loss was a tough district loss to Ryle by 1pt in overtime.

Regardless of how they're playing now, I don't know how they can match up against UHA. All I know is that I'm looking forward to watching it! Less than 28 hours til tipoff!

Still looking for someone to give us a rundown of maybe the starting 5 or the contributors from UHA. Maybe some season stats or what we should look for.

easy Hopson will take control early, edmonson wont be stopped, however, if anyone can keep pressure on hopson to make quick shots, and keep the game fast, UHA might not pass it off to hopson so quick. If hopson can't come out and take control with the first couple of shots he might slow down a bit, and that can give st. henry a chance, if at all edmonson doesn't take over, which is doubtful. I do think hopson has matured though, last year bishop took him out of his usual shot pattern, and he did't get the ball down low a couple of times, causing him to just give up, or so it seem to me. I dont think he will do that this year, he understand what this tourney means to the school, and what it means for his recruiting. Hopson has to hurry back on defense, last year he could care less, this year i dont think is the same, that is my run down so far as a former U Heights alumni. GO BLAZERS

Regardless of how they're playing now, I don't know how they can match up against UHA. All I know is that I'm looking forward to watching it! Less than 28 hours til tipoff!

This is pretty much what was said last year. Along with hopson and edmunson uha had a 6"10' center. Jimmy Uebel held hopson to six points and Brossart won by twenty. St. Henry will guard so hopson and the blazers better come to play. I feel it will be closer than people think.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.