Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rupp Arena

Featured Replies

Much of the attraction to Duke's Cameron Indoor Stadium is the fact that the it is quaint and the students sit right on the floor.

 

Are you suggesting this new arena you are asking for UK to have built seats 9000 people like Duke's Cameron Indoor Stadium?

 

 

That would break UK's tradition of leading the country in attendance. I personally enjoy the size of UK's fans. It was tlkig the other night how broadcasting the games hurt attendance, but not at UK. We fill the gyms no matter what the distance or capacity, gott alove UK.

  • Replies 42
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agreed. The two times I went to Rupp I sat up top and it sucks.

 

I go to Rupp for the Sweet Sixteen every year and sit in the lower bowl every year. But only one time for a UK game. I had lower end zone seats. I would not make the drive if I had to sit in the upper arena.

I went down to Knoxville last year when UK played UT and saw Thompson-Bolin for the first time. It is similar in size to Rupp, seats a few more I think. But I liked it better than Rupp in many ways (except for all the blinding orange:D). For one thing, the lower arena seats, where we sat, have more leg room than Rupp's lower section. It drives me crazy everytime I sit in Rupp's chairbacks and have to turn sideways like a corkscrew to allow people to pass by. There's just not enough room.

I'd sit every game in the nosebleeds at Rupp...I love the Cats and to be there watching them, no matter where is a privledge to me.

I went down to Knoxville last year when UK played UT and saw Thompson-Bolin for the first time. It is similar in size to Rupp, seats a few more I think. But I liked it better than Rupp in many ways (except for all the blinding orange:D). For one thing, the lower arena seats, where we sat, have more leg room than Rupp's lower section. It drives me crazy everytime I sit in Rupp's chairbacks and have to turn sideways like a corkscrew to allow people to pass by. There's just not enough room.

 

They actually renovated it between last year and this year. New center scoreboard, and they swapped about 3000 seats for some luxury suites. I think they're going to redo the concessions/concourses after this season.

Maybe they could have the students stection like the "O" Dome Florida's Arena.

  • Author

I went to both UVA's John Paul Jones arena and Ohio State's arena last season and both have Rupp beaten like a scalded dog. UofL's new place is going to be great and IMO will be better than some NBA places. They need to build a new arena in the parking lot next to Rupp that seats about 22,000 in seats and has about 30-40 boxes. The addition of box seating will make up for any $$$ lost when moving blue-hairs off the floor and letting about 1,000 students have seats.

Went to Rupp for the first time this year and sat in the upper deck. I didn't mind the bleacher seating, it was cramped and everything. But what bothered me was the climb up there, I'm not in shape to begin with, but my goodness just climbing those steps is a workout. :lol:

I went to both UVA's John Paul Jones arena and Ohio State's arena last season and both have Rupp beaten like a scalded dog. UofL's new place is going to be great and IMO will be better than some NBA places. They need to build a new arena in the parking lot next to Rupp that seats about 22,000 in seats and has about 30-40 boxes. The addition of box seating will make up for any $$$ lost when moving blue-hairs off the floor and letting about 1,000 students have seats.

 

I like the idea of more students, but the tradition of leading the nation in attendance is something UK fans take pride in.

I like the idea of more students, but the tradition of leading the nation in attendance is something UK fans take pride in.

 

Even with 22,000+ they would still lead the nation...:thumb:

I like the idea of more students, but the tradition of leading the nation in attendance is something UK fans take pride in.

 

Here is a list of the 2006 NCAA Men's Basketball D-1 Leaders:

Men's Basketball Attendance

I thought that UK was already working on building a new arena. Last I heard, It would be where the parking lot was.

I thought that UK was already working on building a new arena. Last I heard, It would be where the parking lot was.

They are. It's suppose to seat close to 30,000 and have luxury box seats.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.