Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ND next year. Can they turn it around?

Featured Replies

After a terrible year in 07, notre dame looks to be going in the wrong direction again. But Charlie Weis has put together the best recruiting class in the nation (if everyone stays). His players are getting in the system and clausen has a year under his belt.

Will it be the same story in 08 or will the Irish return to glory?

  • Replies 71
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At best, I see them winning around 4-6 games..

 

Nothing beats seeing ND lose 10 or more games :dancingpa

The schedule doesn't make it easy. Retooling the defense will be difficult. I don't know. I think they may be in for another sub-par season before they can turn it around.

Here is the 2008 schedule:

 

Sept. 6 - San Diego State

Sept. 13 - Michigan

Sept. 20 - @Michigan State

Sept. 27 - Purdue

Oct. 4 - Stanford

Oct. 11 - @North Carolina

Oct. 25 - @Washington

Nov. 1 - Pittsburgh

Nov. 8 - @Boston College

Nov. 15 - vs. Navy (Baltimore)

Nov. 22 - Syracuse

Nov. 29 - @Southern California

The schedule doesn't make it easy. .

 

Here is the 2008 schedule:

 

Sept. 6 - San Diego State

Sept. 13 - Michigan

Sept. 20 - @Michigan State

Sept. 27 - Purdue

Oct. 4 - Stanford

Oct. 11 - @North Carolina

Oct. 25 - @Washington

Nov. 1 - Pittsburgh

Nov. 8 - @Boston College

Nov. 15 - vs. Navy (Baltimore)

Nov. 22 - Syracuse

Nov. 29 - @Southern California

 

That's not exactly a tough schedule (and I'm a lifelong ND fan).

I could see wins over San Diego State, Purdue, Stanford, North Carolina, Washington, Pittsburgh, Navy and Syracuse. That would be eight. While I'm not sure that will happen, it wouldn't be a surprise.

Here is the 2008 schedule:

 

Sept. 6 - San Diego State

Sept. 13 - Michigan

Sept. 20 - @Michigan State

Sept. 27 - Purdue

Oct. 4 - Stanford

Oct. 11 - @North Carolina

Oct. 25 - @Washington

Nov. 1 - Pittsburgh

Nov. 8 - @Boston College

Nov. 15 - vs. Navy (Baltimore)

Nov. 22 - Syracuse

Nov. 29 - @Southern California

 

Well I hadn't seen their schedule yet, but now after looking at it, I could see them beating SD. State, Stanford, UNC, Wash, Pitt, Navy, and maybe Syracuse. So maybe 6-6, maybe 7-5..

Why do we think they'll beat Pitt?

  • Author
That's not exactly a tough schedule (and I'm a lifelong ND fan).

 

:ylsuper: Thank you.

The Irish are returning most of there defense and almost the same offense. Weis is gonna work with clausen and add in some BIG/fast TE's and WR's. Also dont forget about Robert Hughes at RB who ended the year with two straight 100+yd games. Allen back there too.

They get 7-8 wins maybe more.

Here is the 2008 schedule:

 

Sept. 6 - San Diego State

Sept. 13 - Michigan

Sept. 20 - @Michigan State

Sept. 27 - Purdue

Oct. 4 - Stanford

Oct. 11 - @North Carolina

Oct. 25 - @Washington

Nov. 1 - Pittsburgh

Nov. 8 - @Boston College

Nov. 15 - vs. Navy (Baltimore)

Nov. 22 - Syracuse

Nov. 29 - @Southern California

 

I put in bold the games that ND wins for certain. Every other game is a toss up IMO, which is why I made my comment. I can argue the schedule both ways; if someone gives them 7 wins, fine. I don't believe this is "back" for ND. I always see ND as the flagship college football program. 7 wins isn't enough for them to be back.

Why do we think they'll beat Pitt?

 

I want to say "Dave Wannstedt," but one could respond with "Charlie Weis."

 

I'll just give the home nod to Notre Dame, although they didn't win much there last year. Just guessing!

Why do we think they'll beat Pitt?

 

Pitt had 2 good wins this season. They didn't have that great of a year..

  • Author
I put in bold the games that ND wins for certain. Every other game is a toss up IMO, which is why I made my comment. I can argue the schedule both ways; if someone gives them 7 wins, fine. I don't believe this is "back" for ND. I always see ND as the flagship college football program. 7 wins isn't enough for them to be back.

 

Agree 7 wins isn't back for ND. It is on the right track though.

Agree 7 wins isn't back for ND. It is on the right track though.

 

See, that's what we thought when ND won a lot of games two years ago. However, you cannot simply look at the number of wins and say if a team is legit. ND's schedule should AUTOMATICALLY garner them 7 wins every season without any miracles.

 

I'll say this. IF Charlie goes .500 next year against that schedule, there will be "For sale" signs showing up in his yard.

  • Author

Agree charlie can not have another bad year. I dont think that will happen though

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.