Matt Thomas Of Ashland...

I have played and seen alot of players come through Ashland and I dont know any better athlete and person then him. He has been in the spotlight for the last 3 years in both sports and he hasnt let to many people down.

He may not be the best basketball player ever at Ashland or the best football player but IMO he is the best athlete.....

But more importantly he appears to be a better person. You never really seem him mad or cocky.....

I have played and seen alot of players come through Ashland and I dont know any better athlete and person then him. He has been in the spotlight for the last 3 years in both sports and he hasnt let to many people down.

He may not be the best basketball player ever at Ashland or the best football player but IMO he is the best athlete.....

But more importantly he appears to be a better person. You never really seem him mad or cocky.....

Agree, fantastic kid!!!!!!!!

And fine athlete!!!!!:thumb:

I have had the priviledge of coaching Matt and traveling with Matt all over the country. He has always been the most popular kid with his teammates, which tells you a lot. I lost count of all the big shots and big plays he has made over the years!

He is as good as they come:thumb:

Awesome player and person. Known him since he was young playing little league baseball on the Orioles. He is a special talent in basletball as well as football. Anybody know which one he is leaning toward to play in college next year?

I have had the priviledge of coaching Matt and traveling with Matt all over the country. He has always been the most popular kid with his teammates, which tells you a lot. I lost count of all the big shots and big plays he has made over the years!

He is as good as they come:thumb:

What school's have offered Matt or are recruitin him? He's an outstanding person.

Matt Thomas is a special young man and is the epitome that any parent, coach, teammate, fan, or educator would want.

Ashland has had a few others that fit this mold in the past 10 years, and with that being said, Matt shines just as brite on and off the court/field as any!

I can assure you that Ashland is proud to call Matt Thomas a TOMCAT:ylsuper:

I listened to Matt in the post-game interview on the radio and I was very impressed with his presence. A lot of kids in this situation mumble and stammer around, or use a vernacular they think makes them sound cool or something. Not Matt. He speaks the way he plays, decisively with no hesitation... in complete sentences. ( A rare trait these days... :lol: ) He was genuinely friendly and cool as a cucumber. You could use his interview to teach other kids how it should be done. I can see great things for this young man. :thumb: