Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mallet chooses Arkansas...

Featured Replies

Petrino bringing in some nice ones.

When he announced his transfer, that is where I thought he would end up.

When he announced his transfer, that is where I thought he would end up.
:thumb:

Any Pro Style QB would be dumb to not want to go play for the guy.

ESPN is reporting he hasnt' decided yet.

 

"We haven't made a decision yet, but everybody and their dog is saying my son has done this or that," Jim Mallett said Monday in an interview with The Associated Press.

 

"I can tell you, we visited Arkansas and we've talked to Texas A&M and Tennessee. But we're not sure what is going on at Tennessee because they hired an offensive coordinator that has run the spread. I can also say tell you we considered UCLA, but just decided that's too far away."

 

 

 

Link

Welcome to the big leagues, Mr. Mallett.

He must like the stability that Petrino offers.

He must like the stability that Petrino offers.

 

 

:laugh:

  • Author

other sites have said it's done.

other sites have said it's done.

 

I'm guessing they're the "everybody and their dog" that his dad was talking about.

  • Author

We'll see.

Here's something I've wondered in situations like this where a top player decides to transfer. Let's face it, this kid can play and can probably play at a good majority of BCS schools. Which leads to my question. Does literally every school just start re-recruiting him or do some schools know that he won't choose them and not even bother? Just something I've wondered about.

We'll see.

 

I don't care one way or the other. Just seems that the dad was specifically addressing the claims that he's already made a final decision.

 

Its obviously down to Arkansas, A&M, and UT (if UT convinces him they won't run the spread?), so I wouldn't be surprised if he does end up at Arkansas.

Here's something I've wondered in situations like this where a top player decides to transfer. Let's face it, this kid can play and can probably play at a good majority of BCS schools. Which leads to my question. Does literally every school just start re-recruiting him or do some schools know that he won't choose them and not even bother? Just something I've wondered about.

 

I know some school have certain rules about taking transfers. I think you have to put out feelers first to see who is interested. I transfered from a 1A to a 1AA school and my high school coach did a lot of contacting of schools that were interested when I was in high school.

Arkansas lost their two backs, so I don't think they will have a shot at anything next year, and maybe the year after.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.