January 13, 200818 yr This is good news for the Cards....I don't know if he's ready yet....but with Devine coming on like he did, Slaton's stock could actually drop if he stayed. WVU is losing Reynaud, Schmitt, and Slaton now...that hurts a lot.
January 13, 200818 yr I dont think that losing slaton is that big of lose. Noel Devine is the back of the future. I think if he had stayed that they carries would have been 60 to 40, with the 60 percent going to Devine. Slaton should be around a 2nd or 3rd round pick.
January 13, 200818 yr Author ^ It's a huge, huge loss. With everything else they are losing, it takes away a huge weapon.
January 13, 200818 yr ^ It's a huge, huge loss. With everything else they are losing, it takes away a huge weapon. Yeah but Devine will fill in and be as good and more explosive while the other spots will be harder to replace.
January 13, 200818 yr Yeah losing a guys like Reynaud and Schmitt will hurt but slaton? Devine will be more of an all around back for WVU
January 13, 200818 yr Pat White is coming back, right? If so, WVU will still be explosive, although not nearly as much so without a talent like Slaton around.
January 14, 200818 yr Slaton will be a running QB in the NFL. He may struggle in the NFL. :confused: Why would he play QB?
January 14, 200818 yr Don't know about Slaton in the NFL. They run north and south in that league. I don't think he boosted his stock all that high.
January 14, 200818 yr I think his stock has fallen over the last couple seasons. He seems a tad soft, injury prone and gimpy.
January 14, 200818 yr This is good news for the Cards....I don't know if he's ready yet....but with Devine coming on like he did, Slaton's stock could actually drop if he stayed. WVU is losing Reynaud, Schmitt, and Slaton now...that hurts a lot. Is Reynald not coming back? He actualy has another year of eligability he can use, I thought he would take it. They will be fine though, Im telling you they have some very good guys in waiting.
January 14, 200818 yr I think his stock has fallen over the last couple seasons. He seems a tad soft, injury prone and gimpy. I agree. Slaton has done nothing in the big games except either get injured or fumble. He hasn't shown that he can play against the big competition, therefore taking him in the first 3 rounds is a big risk IMO.
January 14, 200818 yr ^ It's a huge, huge loss. With everything else they are losing, it takes away a huge weapon. :thumb: Not sure Devine can be a guy who carries the ball 20+ times every week...they're going to need a back who can do that. Plus, unless they find another gamebreaker, the loss of Slaton means they lose a guy who was a threat to score any time he touched the ball from anywhere on the field. That's hard to replace. They need to find a solid FB to replace Schmitt (sp?), and a solid RB to replace Slaton...also, I'd try to be creative in getting Devine the ball, kinda like Florida uses Percy Harvin. The more you get him in space the more likely he is to make big plays...he's an explosive talent and is going to be a huge key to the 'Neers season in 2008.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.