Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Steve Slaton going Pro...

Featured Replies

ESPN said he is projected in the 2nd round.

 

His performance at the combine (as is the case with most players) will play a huge factor in what round he is chosen.

Is Reynald not coming back? He actualy has another year of eligability he can use, I thought he would take it.

They will be fine though, Im telling you they have some very good guys in waiting.

 

I agree WVU has some good talent returning but having a new coach can sometimes be a tough transition and IMO their biggest obstacle will be whether they can play under the leadership of the new coach. Time will tell.

  • Author
I agree. Slaton has done nothing in the big games except either get injured or fumble. He hasn't shown that he can play against the big competition, therefore taking him in the first 3 rounds is a big risk IMO.

 

2006 - Rutgers - 112 yards - 2 td

2005 - Louisville - 188 - 5 td

- Georgia - 204 - 3 td

2006 - Rutgers - 112 yards - 2 td

2005 - Louisville - 188 - 5 td

- Georgia - 204 - 3 td

 

:thumb:

 

I agree that he is fumble prone and definitely fumbles too much...but he's had some big games against big opponents.

 

I'm not sold on his NFL stock though...he's got great speed...but his injury history, fumble problems, and lack of size have to be huge question marks for NFL teams. I expected him to return for his senior season to be honest. He could have really boosted his stock by adding a little weight and staying healthy for a season. As it is, I think he'll most likely be a day two pick.

  • Author

He may be able to play WR at the next level...someone with his lightning quickness and blazing speed, will get a sniff.

He'll get a shot. His future is probably as a third down back. Maybe he can upgrade in a few years if he sticks with a team, a la Tiki Barber or Warrick Dunn.

I really don't see him doing much in the NFL but I've been wrong plenty before.

I really don't see him doing much in the NFL but I've been wrong plenty before.

 

i agree... he used his speed alot in college to make plays.. i dont see him doing that in the NFL because his strength will hurt him

I thought he should have stayed but I wonder if he is worried with all the injuries he has had. I'm still ticked that we never got to enjoy a Slayton/White/Devine backfield! I don't know if there has ever been 3 in the same backfield with that gamebreaking speed!

This is good news for the Cards....I don't know if he's ready yet....but with Devine coming on like he did, Slaton's stock could actually drop if he stayed. WVU is losing Reynaud, Schmitt, and Slaton now...that hurts a lot.

 

Haha.. Well the Card's aren't getting much of a break with devine in the backfield. What did he average like 7 yards and some change per carry.

  • Author

^ Yeah, but Slaton is gone...that's a good thing.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.