Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Powell Co. 82 Lee Co 78 OT

Featured Replies

Typical game at Powell, homer whistles all night. Lee didn't help thier own cause with turnover after turnover and then giving up layup after layup. If the turnovers don't stop soon Lee will continue to struggle. Good games from Jared Pelphrey of Lee and Daniel Kinser of Powell

Great game all around, Powell County found a way to win in the end. Not a homer win at all fouls Powell 15, Lee Co. 17. Anything but a homer. Daniel Kinser had 33 for Powell, Christian Brewer 17, Cory Brewer 13 points. Jared Pelfrey 24, Aaron Charles 21, Tyler Campbell 14, and Josh Drake 12 points for Lee County. Both coaches had their teams playing very hard and with good sportsmanship the whole way.

Great ballgame..Powell really played well down the stretch. What is the 56th district standings?

 

Where is the District played at??

Great ballgame..Powell really played well down the stretch. What is the 56th district standings?

 

Where is the District played at??

The current standings are:

 

1. Estill County 4-0

2. Lee County 3-2

3. Powell County 1-2

4. Owsley County 0-4

 

Estill has remaining games @ Lee and @ home vs Powell.

Lee has a game @ Estill.

Powell has two games remaining with Owsley and one with @ Estill.

Owsley plays Powell twice.

 

The district tournament (and the region) is at Powell County.

Professor, looks like Estill 1, Lee and Powell 2 and 3, Owsley 4. I'll swear I believe I would rather Lee finish fourth so they would play Estill rather than Powell County on their home floor.

Professor, looks like Estill 1, Lee and Powell 2 and 3, Owsley 4. I'll swear I believe I would rather Lee finish fourth so they would play Estill rather than Powell County on their home floor.

You make a good point. Powell is very difficult to overcome on their home court in a tournament atmosphere.

 

Looks like it's shaking out to be Owsley vs. Estill and Lee vs. Powell.

Professor, looks like Estill 1, Lee and Powell 2 and 3, Owsley 4. I'll swear I believe I would rather Lee finish fourth so they would play Estill rather than Powell County on their home floor.

 

Amen, Powell is extremely hard to beat at home and Coach Lively will make sure of that. Owsley will have a better chance with Estill since its at Powell.

Goodluck badcat.

  • Author

The Lee/Estill game left is at Lee Feb 1

I think the boys region is at Perry Central.

The girls region is at Powell.

If Powell can beat Estill at Estill and Lee could knock them off, that would make Powell the #1 seed wouldn't it. The way Estill played against Letcher Central, it's very possible.

Typical game at Powell, homer whistles all night.

 

You crack me up. Everyone has been talking about Powell getting homer whistles, when a team goes to overtime, do you really think the officials are trying to take a game from someone. I mean give me a break, if an official was going to take it, don't you think it would be a no doubter, surely they would not let a team take someone to overtime if they were trying to win it for them. That is just ridiculous. Just like the Pulaski game everyone complained about. It also went to overtime, if Pulaski would of made one more free throw or one more layup they missed they would of won the thing, but yet they complained about the officials. If I have a chance to win a game and it goes to over time, I'm surely not going to blame the officials for it. Check the turnovers, missed easy shots, etc. Sure you could of found a way to have one more point. You people need to come up with another reason why you are losing games at Powell county, because the same refs that call there are the same ones that call all over the 14th region. It's not like they get them out of the stands or something, and it's not the same ones every night either.

Thank you Master of the Hardwood for your comments on the refs. Anyone who was at the game Friday can vouch for the fact that both teams played good, clean ball. Daniel Kinser was mugged hard several times, especially on the last play of the game. No foul called and no compalints from Lively. The kids have no control over the refs. Powell came out and wanted to win this game. Corey Brewer and Mays were both monsters on the boards and Banks played his usual tough game as well.

If Powell can beat Estill at Estill and Lee could knock them off, that would make Powell the #1 seed wouldn't it. The way Estill played against Letcher Central, it's very possible.

If Estill Loses the last two:

Powell would have to beat Estill by more than 11 points at Estill to be Number seed.

You crack me up. Everyone has been talking about Powell getting homer whistles, when a team goes to overtime, do you really think the officials are trying to take a game from someone. I mean give me a break, if an official was going to take it, don't you think it would be a no doubter, surely they would not let a team take someone to overtime if they were trying to win it for them. That is just ridiculous. Just like the Pulaski game everyone complained about. It also went to overtime, if Pulaski would of made one more free throw or one more layup they missed they would of won the thing, but yet they complained about the officials. If I have a chance to win a game and it goes to over time, I'm surely not going to blame the officials for it. Check the turnovers, missed easy shots, etc. Sure you could of found a way to have one more point. You people need to come up with another reason why you are losing games at Powell county, because the same refs that call there are the same ones that call all over the 14th region. It's not like they get them out of the stands or something, and it's not the same ones every night either.

 

I'm not sure...but I believe Pulaski made 4 of the 5 free throws they shot. I can't speak for all of the games at Powell but this one was ridiculous.:irked:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.