Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will John Pelphrey ever coach at Kentucky?

Will John Pelfrey ever coach at UK? 61 members have voted

  1. 1. Will John Pelfrey ever coach at UK?

    • Yes
      60%
      37
    • No
      39%
      24

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I can't beleive this is even a thread. People have to realize that just because they played at UK doesn't give the God given right to coach there. Neither of these two(2) have showed themselves to be worthy of the UK coaching position. Ford done well with EKU and took them to the big dance. Pelphrey Hasn't done anything really outstanding yet. In my opinion there are much better coaches that will be a better choice whenever the Billy G days are over.

 

Um so I guess you was not happy with UK getting Billy G then since the best he ever did was get to the sweet 16...

 

Ford I think really has started to prove himself at every single place he has been at. I forget the first place he was at, but he turned that program around while there. Then when he went to Eastern he got that program on track, and now he is well on his way to getting the Umass program back on track...I mean by your thinking then, if we were looking for a coach 3 years ago before Bruce Pearl went to UT, that we should not have went after him since he hadn't proven much. However look at him now, he has completely turned that UT program around and has a great shot to really compete for the National Title this year. Sometimes it is alright to get an up and coming coach, and that is exactly what Ford and Pelphrey are...

JP will be UK's coach in 2 years... IMO :p

This all depends on how BCG does / how long he stays.

Um so I guess you was not happy with UK getting Billy G then since the best he ever did was get to the sweet 16...

 

Ford I think really has started to prove himself at every single place he has been at. I forget the first place he was at, but he turned that program around while there. Then when he went to Eastern he got that program on track, and now he is well on his way to getting the Umass program back on track...I mean by your thinking then, if we were looking for a coach 3 years ago before Bruce Pearl went to UT, that we should not have went after him since he hadn't proven much. However look at him now, he has completely turned that UT program around and has a great shot to really compete for the National Title this year. Sometimes it is alright to get an up and coming coach, and that is exactly what Ford and Pelphrey are...

 

 

I think it was Campbellsville.

I think it was Campbellsville.

 

Yes it was Campbellsville.

If they ever bring in Ford I'm switching my allegience.

If they ever bring in Ford I'm switching my allegience.

 

Why?

If they ever bring in Ford I'm switching my allegience.

 

I dont understand why people dont like Travis. I have met him numerous times, and has always been a classy guy. As a kid I went to his basketball camps at Campbellsville and always heard good things about him. Maybe it is because he is my all time favorite Wildcat, but I have never had a bad experience with him. My parents and I still talk to him each year at the state tournament and he seems to always have time to speak for a minute.

I believe that John Pelphrey someday will be the man for the job. Its nothing against Gillispie, I think he will be at UK for a long time and be successful (if he makes it through the first year, and stays out of trouble). But I think down the road Pelphrey will be the man for the job.

I think Ford is ahead of Pelphrey for the job.

I think Ford is ahead of Pelphrey for the job.

 

:thumb:

I think John will be the coach at Kentucky whenever Billy G. decides it is time to leave or retire.

I think Ford is ahead of Pelphrey for the job.

 

Just curious on the reasoning behind this thinking. Is it because he has been a head coach longer? That obviously is not an issue or UK would not have hired Gillispie. Ford has had more success than Pelphrey, but he has been a head coach longer and has been more places. I feel like Pelphrey is the more beloved of the two in the state, and I have to feel that with a decent amount of success, he is the next man for the job.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.