Would you suppport eliminating Straight Ticket vote buttons?

HHSDad

Should Kentucky eliminate straight-ticket voting at the ballot box?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Should Kentucky eliminate straight-ticket voting at the ballot box?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While I don't ever vote straight party, I would have to ask what the harm is in having it?

I don't like the idea of a voter choosing on account of the party, there are a number of voters out there who don't care about the issues but blindly vote according to party at all times. By eliminating that, and eliminating the party identification on the ballot entirely, you don't make that kind of thing as easy.

I don't like the idea of a voter choosing on account of the party, there are a number of voters out there who don't care about the issues but blindly vote according to party at all times. By eliminating that, and eliminating the party identification on the ballot entirely, you don't make that kind of thing as easy.

SO would we next quiz them on their current issues knowledge before allowing them to vote?

SO would we next quiz them on their current issues knowledge before allowing them to vote?

I agree with cshs81, (God help me),.

If voters are going to guess and just pull a lever, at the very least voting for a party affiliation gives them a chance at selecting someone who more closely agrees with their values or requirements.