January 4, 200818 yr Simply put, YES, I would want Bobby Perry back. I'd also take a good dose of the Woo as well!
January 4, 200818 yr Simply put, YES, I would want Bobby Perry back. I'd also take a good dose of the Woo as well! UK as a whole did so good while they were here, I could imagine why one would want them back....
January 4, 200818 yr While Bobby was a good role player at best, him being the stud of the 03-04 recruiting class is one of the reasons we are in this predicament today. Tubby's staff was one of the worst in College Basketball at having alternative options. They did snag some good ones in Morris, Rondo, Meeks, Jasper, Crawford, Bradley, Stewart, but they missed(which this staff will do too) and had no backup plan, so they took what ever they could get. This staff has backup plans and that will be the difference in getting back to where we belong.
January 4, 200818 yr Those backup plans have not panned out so far for Coach BCG, but it is early! The thing w/Bobby Perry is that he needed to be role player and with the class he came in with, b/c of some misses he had to be more than he was. EVERY school in America recruits these type of kids!
January 4, 200818 yr Bobby Perry is from Durham, North Carolina. N.C State, North Carolina, Duke nor Wake Forest showed any interest. I guess Tubby thought he was getting a steal.
January 4, 200818 yr Those backup plans have not panned out so far for Coach BCG, but it is early! The thing w/Bobby Perry is that he needed to be role player and with the class he came in with, b/c of some misses he had to be more than he was. EVERY school in America recruits these type of kids! The backup plans are in recruiting. :thumb:
January 4, 200818 yr Those backup plans have not panned out so far for Coach BCG, but it is early! The thing w/Bobby Perry is that he needed to be role player and with the class he came in with, b/c of some misses he had to be more than he was. EVERY school in America recruits these type of kids! That is correct. Because of the misses, we ended up with 3 projects in this class. Woo, Shagari, Sheray. If Bobby had been the 3rd or 4th best player instead of the best, then we are probably not having this discussion.
January 4, 200818 yr Author That is correct. Because of the misses, we ended up with 3 projects in this class. Woo, Shagari, Sheray. If Bobby had been the 3rd or 4th best player instead of the best, then we are probably not having this discussion. And that is why I have always said that Bobby Perry is a player who should have been here. I know many of people on here tried to say Perry should have never been able to put on a UK uniform, but UK even under Pitino brought players in like him. The only difference was that as you said he should have only been the 3rd or 4th best player in the class, and never have seen the court to his junior or senior year.
January 4, 200818 yr Author For all of you who keep saying that you still wouldn't want Perry here for one more year over any of the guys we have now down low (besides Patterson). I have to ask then you all must be really down on Billy G. then? Because this years team so far has been horrible, with some HORRIBLE LOSSES to some HORRIBLE TEAMS. Yet this years team really is not that much different than last years at all. I mean you all pretty much say Perry would not make a difference at all for this year. So in all reality that means we really did not change that much as a team from last year then. Because since you all say that you wouldn't want him back, that must mean you all think Coury, Stevenson are doing just about as good as him. Then I mean Patterson is putting up about the same amount of numbers as Morris did last year. So that means in your alls eyes this years team is the same as last years team (which was a NCAA tournament team). So then why is this years team so bad? Is it just because of the coaching then?
January 4, 200818 yr For all of you who keep saying that you still wouldn't want Perry here for one more year over any of the guys we have now down low (besides Patterson). I have to ask then you all must be really down on Billy G. then? Because this years team so far has been horrible, with some HORRIBLE LOSSES to some HORRIBLE TEAMS. Yet this years team really is not that much different than last years at all. I mean you all pretty much say Perry would not make a difference at all for this year. So in all reality that means we really did not change that much as a team from last year then. Because since you all say that you wouldn't want him back, that must mean you all think Coury, Stevenson are doing just about as good as him. Then I mean Patterson is putting up about the same amount of numbers as Morris did last year. So that means in your alls eyes this years team is the same as last years team (which was a NCAA tournament team). So then why is this years team so bad? Is it just because of the coaching then?[/QUOTE] Bobby Perry IS NOT the difference in this season's team and last season's team. Keep in mind that last season Jodie Meeks and Derrick Jasper played in all 34 games--this season they missed a total of 17 games and they've only played together in 2 games. I'd also wager that neither player is completely back to 100% effectiveness then. Coury, Stewart, and Harris all average at least 4 points per game which replaces the 12 points that Woo, Perry and Thomas averaged last season, they also average 10 boards compared to 9 out of last season's group. Stewart and Harris have also missed 4 games apiece this season. Looking at that it is more likely that the health of the team has been the biggest difference in the results since what most people would consider our best 5 players have only played together twice all season and not once completely healthy. That's a much better reason than Bobby Perry not being back, he'd make little difference in this season's team.
January 4, 200818 yr Bobby Perry is from Durham, North Carolina. N.C State, North Carolina, Duke nor Wake Forest showed any interest. I guess Tubby thought he was getting a steal. :laugh::jump:
January 4, 200818 yr I would take Obrzut back!!! Did I really just say that? Because I really would... As would I. Woo had some talent, but it was not with his back to the basket. Tubby never seemed to realize that, but I think Gillispie would do a great job with Woo.
January 5, 200818 yr Bobby Perry was only good during the NCAA tourney. He had a few good games during his career during the season. But his shining moments were in the NCAA tourney. Would I like to have him back I'm kind of Iffy
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.