Who was the best high school football team you've seen this year?

born2reign

Youn almost beat Louisville St.X and get throttled bt HHS by 40 and it easily could of been 60...So then you pick Louisville X over HHS.....that makes alot of sense...Typical though...........:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

A St.X team minus RB Deuce Finch, with QB Ben Zoeller just coming off of an injury trust me it makes a difference.

How would the Birds have fared offensively if Cecil were gimpy and your starting RB was out? I have no doubt that they would have won, but the game would have been close.

This is the only problem with comparative scores, you have to take into account the full details each time. :thumb:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Youn almost beat Louisville St.X and get throttled bt HHS by 40 and it easily could of been 60...So then you pick Louisville X over HHS.....that makes alot of sense...Typical though...........:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

How is it typical?

Maybe, IMO, Louisville X would beat Highlands. Since they didn't play, it is pure speculation. What isn't pure speculation is most of the computer rankings have the game as a toss up, so it wouldn't be outlandish (or conspiratorial) for people to think X would win. I'm sure most of the X posters feel the Tigers would win. Probably the Trinity posters as well.

I almost never saw Tim Phillips go down on the first hit this season, except against Cincy St.X. They were beasts, I would hate to have seen how good they were with Darius Ashley.

Cincy St. X gets my vote as well. I saw them play Trinity w/o Ashley. I then saw them on STO v. Mentor w/ Ashley but w/o their senior QB. Even though I never saw them w/ their full complement of weapons I was very impressed. I'm certainly looking forward to seeing Ashley suit up for the Cards next year as well as a trip by the Bombers down to the 'ville!

As for second best I think if you put T, X, & HHS in a tourney where they played each other an equal amount of times they'd all be very near .500 - in other words, too close to call...:thumb:

Merry Christmas all!!!

Cincy St. X gets my vote as well. I saw them play Trinity w/o Ashley. I then saw them on STO v. Mentor w/ Ashley but w/o their senior QB. Even though I never saw them w/ their full complement of weapons I was very impressed. I'm certainly looking forward to seeing Ashley suit up for the Cards next year as well as a trip by the Bombers down to the 'ville!

As for second best I think if you put T, X, & HHS in a tourney where they played each other an equal amount of times they'd all be very near .500 - in other words, too close to call...:thumb:

Merry Christmas all!!!

I think you may be on to something there.

By my count I got to see 15 teams in person this year (excluding scrimmages which I don't think give a real indication of a teams overall ability)

1. Cincy X-One of the better teams I have ever seen. Would love to see this team matched up with Trinity '02.

2. Trinity-I'm biased of course but the Rocks got better as the year went on.

3. Louisville X-Game 15 X was no better then game 5 X.

4. Bowling Green-Very good team, well balanced and well coached.

5. Lex Cath-based on 4A championship game. They did whatever they wanted.

6. Henry Clay-Great talent but they always seem to fold as soon as they face a bit of adversity.

7. Boone County-While better passing the ball they were still very much run oriented. Stop that an they were done.

8. Ballard-Typical Ballard team. Some talent but in the second Trinity game in particular it was obvious to me that they were done early.

9. Dunbar-They do what they do well but it's all they do

10. Loan Oak-Very over rated IMHO. Once LexCath established a physical presence against them they were done.

11. PRP-Very well coached, just not enough good players. On a side note, their freshman team was very physical. They could see an up swing.

12. Eastern-This team was all Ferguson.

13. Lafayette-I was very disappointed with this team. I looked forward to a better game to finish the regular season.

14. Seneca-just not a very good team

15. Butler-See above

^ I don't think you posted this intentionally, but the treads question is "Who was the best high school football team you've seen this year". He posted Trinity's entire schedule and rated it. Obviously he didn't see the greatest Highlands team in history beat a middle of the pack Bowling Green team.

^ I don't think you posted this intentionally, but the treads question is "Who was the best high school football team you've seen this year". He posted Trinity's entire schedule and rated it. Obviously he didn't see the greatest Highlands team in history beat a middle of the pack Bowling Green team.

You'll have to forgive him...I think his attention was much needed elsewhere when Highlands was playing.

Also, we didn't play Lone Oak, or Lex Cath on the schedule.

Not once in my post did I ask you a question or refer to a post you made, notice I was talking to All Tell.

But since I knew Lone Oak & LexCath were not on Trinity's schedule I figured he/she saw them at the State Finals, where he/she also would have seen Highlands had he/she watched Bowling Green in that particular game.

Not once in my post did I ask you a question or refer to a post you made, notice I was talking to All Tell.

But since I knew Lone Oak & LexCath were not on Trinity's schedule I figured he/she saw them at the State Finals, where he/she also would have seen Highlands had he/she watched Bowling Green in that particular game.

Highlands played on Friday, I would wager that he only went to the Finals on the day that Trinity played, which would be why he rated it that way. I doubt there was any slight intended toward the Bluebirds of HHS.

Friday: 1A, 3A and 5A

Saturday: 2A, 4A and 6A

Makes sense to me. :thumb: