UK/Tenn Tech Updates

ADopted ADmiral

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

When UK was considered an elite team we never played teams like GW and TT. When we played them it was a joke now we have to fight for a win against teams like them.

I don't understand. You say Kentucky (and used "we") never played teams like Gardner-Webb and Tennessee Tech, but then say Kentucky did play them. I don't understand. But anyway, let's look back...

By elite, I'll assume 1996-98. Let's have a look at the schedules:

1995-96

Wisconsin-Green Bay, Marshall, Morehead State, Rider, Iona

1996-97

Alaska-Anchorage, College of Charleston, Wright State, North Carolina-Asheville, Canisius, Western Carolina

1997-98

Morehead State, Canisius, American University, Ohio

It certainly looks like Kentucky has always had a handful of patsies to go along with the big boys. This year is no different. The key word is elite...back when, Kentucky was elite. Now they're not.

I don't understand. You say Kentucky (and used "we") never played teams like Gardner-Webb and Tennessee Tech, but then say Kentucky did play them. I don't understand. But anyway, let's look back...

By elite, I'll assume 1996-98. Let's have a look at the schedules:

1995-96

Wisconsin-Green Bay, Marshall, Morehead State, Rider, Iona

1996-97

Alaska-Anchorage, College of Charleston, Wright State, North Carolina-Asheville, Canisius, Western Carolina

1997-98

Morehead State, Canisius, American University, Ohio

It certainly looks like Kentucky has always had a handful of patsies to go along with the big boys. This year is no different. The key word is elite...back when, Kentucky was elite. Now they're not.

Should have thrown a "and when we did play them" in there

I'm just saying that now it just seems like UK goes out there as the underdog no matter who we play and it's a joke. To let the UK program fall to what it has is a joke.

Looking at it now yeah I can see we have always played weak teams....should have done my research

I just logged on to check out the update thread. Thoughts so far:

1) nice to hear Macy take a quick jab at the OVC in the first half - he made sure to throw in there that the OVC is not a high-major conference by any means

2) I had a revelation during this game and I think I can finally see what Gillispie's plan is. He has torn this team down and is rapidly building it back. He's proving a point and he's building this team the way he wants it.

3) Was Patterson really hurt in the last game? Inquiring minds want to know.