Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

10th Region Class A

Featured Replies

I’m not kidding you, and I live on Earth!! Brossart should compete with the big dogs, because they are big dogs, which under achieved against the big boys when it counts. Good for them that they can beat teams they should beat!! But even with Brossart talent, and size they cannot compete with Clark, Pendleton (when they where good), and Mason!! Toughest district, what!!?? Silver Grove had a decent team last year, but there done. Scott what have they done, nothing!!! Code I’m afraid to say is not one of the best. Give that talent to almost anyone and they could win, and probably get to a few more ten-region title games!!! The fact is Brossart has wasted away their talent!! Good they have won the State All “A” title, which really means nothing!! I’m sorry but is that game played at Rupp, no, do people all over the state take off work to go watch it no!! So, with that in my opinion, Brossart is always overrated till they actually do something when it really counts!!!

Have another drink. :rolleyes:

  • Replies 60
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going with St. Pat on this one. Owens gets stronger every game.

I’m not kidding you, and I live on Earth!! Brossart should compete with the big dogs, because they are big dogs, which under achieved against the big boys when it counts. Good for them that they can beat teams they should beat!! But even with Brossart talent, and size they cannot compete with Clark, Pendleton (when they where good), and Mason!! Toughest district, what!!?? Silver Grove had a decent team last year, but there done. Scott what have they done, nothing!!! Code I’m afraid to say is not one of the best. Give that talent to almost anyone and they could win, and probably get to a few more ten-region title games!!! The fact is Brossart has wasted away their talent!! Good they have won the State All “A” title, which really means nothing!! I’m sorry but is that game played at Rupp, no, do people all over the state take off work to go watch it no!! So, with that in my opinion, Brossart is always overrated till they actually do something when it really counts!!![/QUOTE]

 

What have you actually done? ;)

I’m not kidding you, and I live on Earth!! Brossart should compete with the big dogs, because they are big dogs, which under achieved against the big boys when it counts. Good for them that they can beat teams they should beat!! But even with Brossart talent, and size they cannot compete with Clark, Pendleton (when they where good), and Mason!! Toughest district, what!!?? Silver Grove had a decent team last year, but there done. Scott what have they done, nothing!!! Code I’m afraid to say is not one of the best. Give that talent to almost anyone and they could win, and probably get to a few more ten-region title games!!! The fact is Brossart has wasted away their talent!! Good they have won the State All “A” title, which really means nothing!! I’m sorry but is that game played at Rupp, no, do people all over the state take off work to go watch it no!! So, with that in my opinion, Brossart is always overrated till they actually do something when it really counts!!!

 

You're right Brossart was loaded last year, they had one kid get offered a basketball scholly and that was a D3 school...:rolleyes:

 

 

How is winning an all A state title not doing something?

Only a D3 that must be tough not having any talent at all. D3 thats it?? Wow, I'm sorry I thought they where alot better. My bad!! And winning an all A state tourny is doing something, but not when you shouldnt be in the all A!!!

The favorite still has to be St. Patrick, because from last check they have not lost to an All A 10th region team!!! Beating Deming 78-72, Augusta 71-55, and Silver Grove 79-43. Only reason Brossart should be named in this is because they have won it in the past, but not this year they don’t have the horses, and there overrated coach wont is able to get them to do it. Code is overrated, his teams are supposed to compete for the tenth region championship, and he can’t even do that. They struggle to win the District.

 

But back to this years tourney. The winner of the Deming, St. Pat game will represent the tenth region, which would make me happy to have a real tenth region team win and not a Northern Kentucky team!!

 

Obviously not a Brossart or NKY fan are we HH?? Your comments are so historically inaccurate that they don't even warrant comment, but I felt compelled to speak when you call Coach Code "overrated"!! As a coach with a 75+% win ratio at an "A" school vs. a big-time schedule, a multiple "10th region coach of the year", twice finishing #1 in the final NKY rankings, winning an All "A" state championship (which does mean something to the 115-120 teams that participate), etc.--All in just 3 years as a head coach--How do you call him overrated unless Sports 3311 is right, and then let me know what you're drinking??

 

Weren't you the same guy slamming the Brossart internet radio announcers earlier this year?? Sounds like you've got an ax to grind, which is fine; but at least "grind" intelligently and accurately!!

Only a D3 that must be tough not having any talent at all. D3 thats it?? Wow, I'm sorry I thought they where alot better. My bad!! And winning an all A state tourny is doing something, but not when you shouldnt be in the all A!!!

 

I'm sure the Brossart faithful (and the other 120 All "A" schools) appreciate your acknowledgement of their All "A" championship!!

 

Curious why you think Brossart "shouldn't be in the all A"??

I think any team can get the title this year.

 

 

Certainly at least most, which should be exciting!! Still a ways away, so much could happen between now & then.

I'm not a Brossart fan by any stretch but have to give credit where credit is due. In their time in the 10th Region, Brossart has been a pretty consistent contender year in, year out. And regardless of what some may think, that Class A title means a lot to the smaller schools. When that tournament rolls around and it's your best shot at any kind of title you give it everything you've got. Coach Code has done a fine job in his time at Brossart. Granted I don't get to see them play much but seeing the final scores is usually enough. This year's 10th region Class A title is up for grabs and will be a dog fight but you can bet that when it comes down to it Brossart will have a say in who advances to Richmond.

Being a Brossart guy, I guess my opinion won't count BUT I've been around for over 30 years, have worked for 7 varsity head coaches including Willie Schlarman and Tommy Creamer and I will go on record as saying that if anything Mike Code is a grossly under-rated coach.

 

The man is basketball brilliant - the most intelligent basketball mind that I have ever been associated with.

 

Given time to prepare, he will always put his team in a position to win. His teams continually overachieve, as will this one before it is all said and done.

 

I'd also like to hear why HH thinks that we shouldn't be in the All "A".

I for one have been very impressed the few games I have seen BB play in the past. I do belive it comes from great coaching. Mr. Code allways seems to have his team ready.They play great Defense. The offense is not the most exciting but I think thats because he has his kids play within themselves and do not force many bad shots. They may be a little bit down this year but will have a impact in the ALL A for years to come.

Only a D3 that must be tough not having any talent at all. D3 thats it?? Wow, I'm sorry I thought they where alot better. My bad!! And winning an all A state tourny is doing something, but not when you shouldnt be in the all A!!![/QUOTE]

What in the world does that mean?

Yeah I did write about Brossarts radio station, just because how there where caring on! I would also give my big toe for the all a state tourney, or even for the tenth region tourney. I'm not taking anything away from the other schools, but when a private school, has more talent then what you all act like, wins the whole thing, I’m sorry but I will not give them the props for beating teams they should beat. All im saying is that as good as Brossart has been, and yeah they have been good, they needed to hit with the big boys, and not hit with the little boys. Why does Brossart win the 10th region all a, all the time, ummm...they have players. Code is a good coach, he does not need me to say that, and nor does he care what I think, but he his given too much props for not full filling his job. Which apparently is to win on the small level. Im sorry if I mad anyone mad, will I guess im not, but I do not believe Brossart, being who they are should not be in the all a, and I cannot come up with a good reason. Only that a school that has talent, as they do, and there will be talent there in just about a year or to, when the young ones get there baring, should not be competing against Augusta, Bracken, St. Patrick, and Deming, where the all a is there only hope, where that is there state tourney!!!!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.