Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SEC Struggles Continue

Featured Replies

I am shocked at how pathetic the SEC is this season. I woke up this morning to find this final from last night on a neutral court:

 

East Tennessee State 76

Georgia 58

 

There are numerous examples this season of the SEC losing games like this against what should be weaker out of conference/mid major teams.

The SEC for the most part is just plain bad this year. Unusual to have so many teams in the conference having a down year at the same time.

Although I am not sure if it is correct, you could make a somewhat valid argument that the SEC is behind the Missouri Valley and Conference USA, which would put them at #9 in overall conference strength.

  • Author
Although I am not sure if it is correct, you could make a somewhat valid argument that the SEC is behind the Missouri Valley and Conference USA, which would put them at #9 in overall conference strength.

 

I haven't looked at all of the conferences, but the SEC is definately well out of the top 5 this season.

I haven't looked at all of the conferences, but the SEC is definately well out of the top 5 this season.

 

At the very best, they would be #6 behind the other five major conferences. I am thinking #7, behind Conference USA.

Although I am not sure if it is correct, you could make a somewhat valid argument that the SEC is behind the Missouri Valley and Conference USA, which would put them at #9 in overall conference strength.

 

I follow the Valley. They play some good basketball and usually have two or three really solid teams.

  • Author
I follow the Valley. They play some good basketball and usually have two or three really solid teams.

 

The SEC has a couple of pretty solid teams, but beyond that, they're just another mid-major conference this year. They might get 4 teams in the NCAA tourney - 5 at the most.

UK better be ready this weekend or the OVC is going to be added to the list of conferences that have beat an SEC team this year.

Can't argue with any of this.

How about Ole Miss? 9-0. They beat DePaul last night in San Juan.

Kennedy is a heckuva coach, how well he recruits will tell his tale.

 

Mississippi State is more disappointing than UK is this year in my opinion. They have all the pieces but continue to drop games...such as losing to South Alabama.

 

Felton may have crapped in his own chili by dumping Brown and Mercer...

  • Author

Score from earlier today:

 

Tulane 70

Georgia 69

 

Pathetic.

 

Ole Miss struggled past mighty LaSalle 84-77.

The SEC, just isn't very good this year. Vandy is very good, but they are about it. UF doesn't look that bad either, or UT. Everyone else, is just horrible...

The SEC for the most part is just plain bad this year. Unusual to have so many teams in the conference having a down year at the same time.

 

Agree. SEC stinks!

The SEC, just isn't very good this year. Vandy is very good, but they are about it. UF doesn't look that bad either, or UT. Everyone else, is just horrible...

 

I never thought that I would read that.

  • Author

The good news - good win by Tennessee today.

 

The bad news - Arkansas and South Carolina are looking like they might lose to Appalachain State and the College of Charleston, respectively.

The good news - good win by Tennessee today.

 

The bad news - Arkansas and South Carolina are looking like they might lose to Appalachain State and the College of Charleston, respectively.

 

Just heard this on the air too! :scared:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.