Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elliott County 98 East Carter 66

Featured Replies

Who was Elliotts AAU coach. Was it Rocky Adkins?

  • Replies 59
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Elliott train keeps on rollin....

 

:thumb: There is no shame in getting beat by Elliot. A high school team that is averaging 96 pts. per game (or around that) can play. I don't care who the competition is if a team can have averages like they have got in that and in other areas they can flat out play the game.

Cumberland is a very good team that could definitely come out with a W against EC as any of the teams mentioned. As far as this past summer I was just making that point as comparison as they were the only team EC has recently faced that was listed above. As far as the summer tourney itself I think Cumberland may have had a little easier draw in the tourney due to some upsets that placed different teams lower ect.., Good luck to Cumberland & hope to see them in Richmond.
Cumberland beat Tates Creek in the first round, a solid team from the tough 11th Region, then beat Franklin Simpson (the top ranked team in their region in the cats pause yearbook) so they didnt have a cake walk. Having said all I have said, I do realize and admire what a special team Elliot county is, but I do believe their lack of an inside game could hurt them against a team with a really good inside game and quality guard play to handle their pressure, along with a track record of playing great defense. These 3 things are what Cumberland is known for, so I think it would be a great matchup. Good luck to the Elliot bunch also, they are truly a fun bunch to watch!

The only team that I recall being this good was the 93' East Carter Team. They played in spurts and weren't consistent and due to injurys their record didn't look that great. But when they were hitting on all 8, they were tough to beat.

Cumberland beat Tates Creek in the first round, a solid team from the tough 11th Region, then beat Franklin Simpson (the top ranked team in their region in the cats pause yearbook) so they didnt have a cake walk. Having said all I have said, I do realize and admire what a special team Elliot county is, but I do believe their lack of an inside game could hurt them against a team with a really good inside game and quality guard play to handle their pressure, along with a track record of playing great defense. These 3 things are what Cumberland is known for, so I think it would be a great matchup. Good luck to the Elliot bunch also, they are truly a fun bunch to watch!

 

 

While they may not have huge bodies across the front line, I think their inside game will surprise you. They have a several good leapers, they block out and they have multiply players crash the board.

How close does Elliott County get to the Northern Kentucky area besides March in the Sweet 16?

How close does Elliott County get to the Northern Kentucky area besides March in the Sweet 16?

 

They play in the 5/3rd tourney next week. That is as close at they get to Northern Ky.

When was the 16th region tournament. I would have liked to see it.

How close does Elliott County get to the Northern Kentucky area besides March in the Sweet 16?

 

 

 

They play at Mason Co. Feb 12:thumb:

Mason is pretty close I would say.

I thought it was a nice showing for number 2 (one of the twins I think) for Elliott he has improved from last season.And that 27ft three pointer from Ferguson was just amazing. That team is relentless on defense. I think they all have energizer batteries. Nice win for Elliott.

We can play "what ifs" on here all day. the bottom line is that Elliott County is a very good team and, hopefully they will get to play some of these other good teams at tournament time. I don't think anyone from the Elliott County team is already counting their chickens. Ashland, Rose Hill, Fairview, East Carter and others will not be easy games later in the year, and Elliott is well aware of that.

thegooch

Varsity Player

 

thegooch's Avatar

 

Join Date: Nov 2007

Location: The Pond In Anaheim. Home of the 2007 Stanley Cup Champs!

Posts: 195

 

Default

East by 2

 

Well thought out prediction, Gooch.:D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes:

We can play "what ifs" on here all day. the bottom line is that Elliott County is a very good team and, hopefully they will get to play some of these other good teams at tournament time. I don't think anyone from the Elliott County team is already counting their chickens. Ashland, Rose Hill, Fairview, East Carter and others will not be easy games later in the year, and Elliott is well aware of that.
Excellent post BogeyMan.
thegooch

Varsity Player

 

thegooch's Avatar

 

Join Date: Nov 2007

Location: The Pond In Anaheim. Home of the 2007 Stanley Cup Champs!

Posts: 195

 

Default

East by 2

 

Well thought out prediction, Gooch.:D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes:

 

 

I have nothing for thegooch and he knows that. It's all because he just keeps posting negative things about Elliott County and their players. As I told him in a PM, there are teams that I don't like, but I don't post bad things about another team's players or their team. However, his sole purpose seems to be to post negative things against Elliott County. It seems that he will just keep posting negative things against Elliott and their players until they loose. Then he can say, "I told you so". A loss won't equal any thing bad for Elliott, I don't want them to loose, but it will most likely happen at some point this year. I just feel that he's a pathetic loser and needs to find more important things to do with his life.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.