Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elliott County 98 East Carter 66

Featured Replies

Didin't that Rose Hill team make it to Saturday at Rupp or just how far did that team go?

  • Replies 59
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elliott would beat that Rose Hill team by 10+.

Wow, not a chance. I think it would be a good game, no way a double digit win, either direction. Did you even see that team? And be honest.

Wow, not a chance. I think it would be a good game, no way a double digit win, either direction. Did you even see that team? And be honest.

 

I saw that team about 10 times. Alot of talent, alot of youth. They would really struggle with getting the ball up the court against Elliott's press.

 

It is true that I might be talking about the year that Rose Hill lost to Surgalski and Ashland.

I saw that team about 10 times. Alot of talent, alot of youth. They would really struggle with getting the ball up the court against Elliott's press.

 

It is true that I might be talking about the year that Rose Hill lost to Surgalski and Ashland.

The next year when they had Bill, OJ, Marques Dawson, Mark King, et.al. there's no way they'd struggle getting the ball up the floor.

The next year when they had Bill, OJ, Marques Dawson, Mark King, et.al. there's no way they'd struggle getting the ball up the floor.

 

Yep, I think I am talking about the previous year when they lost to Ashland. The team from the next season vs. Elliott would be a great game.

I thought the East Carter ball handlers would be able to keep this game close? I'm telling you guys, this team is no joke. You don't win games like this on a nightly basis at the high school level unless you are for real.

 

:thumb:

Elliott would beat that Rose Hill team by 10+.

 

I believe that one would be one heck of a game, I don't think that the spread would be 10 (by either team). I do a agree that Elliot is as good of a 16th region team as I have seen in a long time. The RH team with Mayo and Walker was right there with them.

It's all a bunch of "what ifs" at this point, but I could see this team running the table in the All A tournament. No one in the 16th region appears to have a chance at this point.

 

Barring injuries or something flukish happening, this team could very well be right around 35-2 going into the Sweet 16 at Rupp.

When they get to the All A state they might just run in to a team or two that plays defense, and also have an inside game that would be hard to stop. They wont walk through the field in Ricmond IMO, as a matter of fact I can think of a couple teams that could give them major problems (JBS and Cumberland) JBS has the ability to score with them and Cumberland Plays defense and has a very strong inside game!
When they get to the All A state they might just run in to a team or two that plays defense, and also have an inside game that would be hard to stop. They wont walk through the field in Ricmond IMO, as a matter of fact I can think of a couple teams that could give them major problems (JBS and Cumberland) JBS has the ability to score with them and Cumberland Plays defense and has a very strong inside game!

 

I agree there will be a lot of good teams there that can play with them. Off the top of my head here are a few: Shelby Valley, Paintsville,Somerset, Bardstown,UH, & possibly Cumberland. However they handled Cumberland this Summer in AAU state with Cumberlands big guy, but that was summer. They have run into some good "D" to this point. Morgan Co & E Carter play good D, Christian Co was a good D team. One big key to any other teams big man is the gaurds have to be able to get him the ball & Elliotts pressure will cause problems. JBS will not be as big a factor because they do not get their big man involved in the game.

I was at the game last night and I took notice of a new point guard that came off the bench for the east JV squad. He was an 8th grader,I think this is the first 8th grader to play JV for east in a long time. He is fairly good and quite a physical specimen,and really quick. I didn't get his name. Does anyone know who he is ?

I agree there will be a lot of good teams there that can play with them. Off the top of my head here are a few: Shelby Valley, Paintsville,Somerset, Bardstown,UH, & possibly Cumberland. However they handled Cumberland this Summer in AAU state with Cumberlands big guy, but that was summer. They have run into some good "D" to this point. Morgan Co & E Carter play good D, Christian Co was a good D team. One big key to any other teams big man is the gaurds have to be able to get him the ball & Elliotts pressure will cause problems. JBS will not be as big a factor because they do not get their big man involved in the game.
So Cumberland is just possibly someone that might give them problems, is that the way you see it?? Actually Cumberland would probably give them more problems than any of those teams you mentioned, I guess time will tell. Elliot did beat Cumberland at AAU in each teams first game, but then later Cumberland advanced to the final four of the single elimination tournament while Elliot was bounced in the round of 16. Cumberland actually has two big kids inside playing very well now that Garfield Wilson has a few games under his belt after not playing or practicing at all last year, they also have quality guard play that would do a good job against Elliots pressure. So dont be surprised if at some point these two teams meet in Richmond if they both take care of their business and it would make for a great contrast of styles.
I was at the game last night and I took notice of a new point guard that came off the bench for the east JV squad. He was an 8th grader,I think this is the first 8th grader to play JV for east in a long time. He is fairly good and quite a physical specimen,and really quick. I didn't get his name. Does anyone know who he is ?

 

Dylan Genung 8th grader. His father and mother are fitness trainers which explain his physical fitness.

Elliott has flat got what it takes, chemistry and talent .A group of kids that just click . A type of team that just doesn't come around very often. Love those twins and all the rest of the team. I talk with One of the twins every time I see him and I'm always amazed with what he knows about the game and how he studies the game. They're sure fun to watch.

Elliott didnt have Timmy Knipp in the AAU state tournament. Everyone knows what he brings to the table, espically defensively.

Cumberland is a very good team that could definitely come out with a W against EC as any of the teams mentioned. As far as this past summer I was just making that point as comparison as they were the only team EC has recently faced that was listed above. As far as the summer tourney itself I think Cumberland may have had a little easier draw in the tourney due to some upsets that placed different teams lower ect.., Good luck to Cumberland & hope to see them in Richmond.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.