Highlands 56 NCC 40

Highlands led by 9 after first and 8 at the half.

NCC cut it to 32-29 before Highlands stretched back out again.

Highlands two guard punch too much on offense, and Breds did not rebound at all in the first half.

NCC just not there yet underneath with footballers although they played decent for having no practice.

Highlands perimeter defense just too good without an inside threat to free up the shooters for NCC.

Down the road Highlands might have trouble if a team has a dominant inside game but then they still have to match-up with the Highlands guards at some point.

NCC will be fine in the All-A and actually will end up 8 or 9 deep by the end of the season.

I can't think of any NKY team that has a dominant inside game.

Quite possible. Not a great year for NKY inside. I would imagine CovCath and Holmes might possibly present some match-up problems for Highlands inside but then Highlands has the outside advantage.

Highlands schedule is pretty bland this year so it may be tough to gauge how good they are. Just one stretch of decent teams when they get CovCath, Henry Clay, and Boone Co in a row in early January.

Highlands led by 9 after first and 8 at the half.

NCC cut it to 32-29 before Highlands stretched back out again.

Highlands two guard punch too much on offense, and Breds did not rebound at all in the first half.

NCC just not there yet underneath with footballers although they played decent for having no practice.

Highlands perimeter defense just too good without an inside threat to free up the shooters for NCC.

Down the road Highlands might have trouble if a team has a dominant inside game but then they still have to match-up with the Highlands guards at some point.

NCC will be fine in the All-A and actually will end up 8 or 9 deep by the end of the season.

ALL- A WHAT A JOKE.....:lol::lol::lol:

"slick" Nic Simpson drops a cool 17 pts with "quick draw" McGraw gunning down 14 pts. "Special K" Kowolonek nets a cool dozen...and he's only a Soph-O-More!! Birds are out of the gate clean this year! Keep up the good work guys!

I heard McGraw may turn out to be a better player than Simpson and this was from 2-3 guys that have seen the Birds play both games this season. They said McGraw is phsically a specimen and can elevate with the best of em. If this kid wasnt injured last season I think he would be getting D-1 looks. He shoots well, is very quick and physically strong. Birds will need STein back sooner than late January though if they want to compete with that tough early January schedule. Boone is strong on the boards and I am sure Henry Clay will bring some 6'5, 6'6 kids when they play. CovCath has some legitimate size as well. Where is Matt Roberts when you need him? I know where, averaging maybe 2 pts a game for Moeller. : (