Perry Thomas to Campbellsville University

GusMcRae

How does this coach relate with the players? Will he likely recruit some of his high school seniors to Campbellsville???

Uhhh, No, Paducah is like 3+ hours to Campbellsville. Congrats to Coach Thomas. Everytime I've had dealings he's been nothing but gracious! Campbellsville has made a very good hire here!

How does this coach relate with the players? Will he likely recruit some of his high school seniors to Campbellsville???

If i'm not mistaken, when he 1st got to PT, he had to get rid of alot of bad apples and there #s were way down the 1st couple of years, but, ever since then, he's gotten them back and has earned some respect the program was sorely missing. Hes a pretty strong disciplinarian and expects 110% effort or you won't play, simple as that..

When we(Mayfield) played Campbellsville in 1998 on the way to state, I think Perry was the head coach....coach lawson was a disciple of his and they wrote a big article in the paper. I think lawson either played or coached under him, not sure which..

When we(Mayfield) played Campbellsville in 1998 on the way to state, I think Perry was the head coach....coach lawson was a disciple of his and they wrote a big article in the paper. I think lawson either played or coached under him, not sure which..
Thomas was the coach at Campbellsville that year. Lawson played for Thomas in high school and the two are still good friends.

From the stats on the scoreboard website, it looks like Paducah was a rushing team and not a passing. Would you think this would be what Campbellsville will be with him there?

In his press conference on Friday, Thomas stated the Tigers would be running the Spread offense.

They have a decent QB in Lawyer (6'4" Soph) who began the season as the starter but he missed several games due to injury.

The Tigers also have a great RB in G. Fountain so Thomas may have the opportunity to mix things up.

Injuries have been a major problem for CU the last two years.

You can read more about coach Thomas and his press conference by going to......

http://www.campbellsville.edu

Uhhh, No, Paducah is like 3+ hours to Campbellsville. Congrats to Coach Thomas. Everytime I've had dealings he's been nothing but gracious! Campbellsville has made a very good hire here!

This is college football - players come from all over the United States. Why not from Paducah? Go Tigers - sounds like CU has made an excellent choice. Look forward to seeing them back in the runnin' again!

As a former player under Coach Thomas, I can say this...no single man I've known was more passionate about teaching the game and living football. He is a great disciplinarian and motivator. He walks the line of player's coach and strict better than most.

I'm so proud of him and wish him the best. He will do a great job! The city of Campbellsville must feel like Rome when Ceasar returned from Gaul.

Look for CU to return to being a power in NAIA football!!!

As a former player under Coach Thomas, I can say this...no single man I've known was more passionate about teaching the game and living football. He is a great disciplinarian and motivator. He walks the line of player's coach and strict better than most.

I'm so proud of him and wish him the best. He will do a great job! The city of Campbellsville must feel like Rome when Ceasar returned from Gaul.

Look for CU to return to being a power in NAIA football!!!

:thumb: I hope you are correct!!!!

Also, Welcome to BGP. Glad to have you aboard.