Ballard 80 Scott Co 73

rojas4

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The tough part is that Ballard isn't nearly as good as about half the teams on Scott Co's schedule this year. Their schedule is brutal...

This is true. I noticed USA Today ranked teams in the City of Palms tournament and 4 USA Today ranked teams in the Beach Ball Classic. In addition Scott Co will play 3 other nationally ranked teams outside of these tournaments. Someone said that Ballard and SC may both be "down" this year. It depends. Neither are as good as last year but both are still state powers.

You really don't know that until the games are played. Its only been one game. The fact is Ballard and Scott County could be equally down and it turned out that it created a great game. Let the Christmas tourneys come and you'll be able to state that opinion with a few more facts.

Dude - I'm not talking about just the in-state competition. They play a bunch of nationally ranked teams in the tournaments they are going to this year. I think they were planning to showcase Mackey and now they may be in way over their heads.... At least take a look at the schedule before you downplay my opinion of it... :irked::rolleyes::irked:

This is true. I noticed USA Today ranked teams in the City of Palms tournament and 4 USA Today ranked teams in the Beach Ball Classic. In addition Scott Co will play 3 other nationally ranked teams outside of these tournaments. Someone said that Ballard and SC may both be "down" this year. It depends. Neither are as good as last year but both are still state powers.

Fair statement. We won't see many teams come along as good as last year's Scott County team.

I know there playing nationally ranked Cincinnati Withrow led by Yance Gates and the McBride kid in the classic in Pikeville .......