Brossart 74 Silver Grove 42

Mustangs go on a 25-0 run to take a 34-9 lead at halftime and then cruise to a 74-42 district seeding game win over the Big Trains.

Jacob Rieger leads the Mustangs with 15, Jordan Armstrong 11

Steven Pelle tops all scorers with 18, Jeff Morris nets 12

Silver Grove is way down. This is the first time in forever that they do not have a superstar. Judging from the box score, they don't have ten guys who can shoot the three this year either which is a huge change for them. Was this because of Brossart's defense? Anyone?

Silver Grove is way down. This is the first time in forever that they do not have a superstar. Judging from the box score, they don't have ten guys who can shoot the three this year either which is a huge change for them. Was this because of Brossart's defense? Anyone?

Didn't see the game but I suspect Brossart's "D" had something to do with holding down SG's totals, as they consistantly are near top of the state's best defensive squads? Agree that the Trains don't have a Cory Pelle type player this year, although his cousin Steven will probably lead them in scoring this year. Don't recall ever seeing ANY SG teams with "ten guys who can shoot the three"??

Some had to with BB but most had to do with The Big Trains lack of skilled players on the team. This is going to be a VERY tough year for the Grove and first year coach Matt Sharp. Got to give the guy a lot of credit for taking the job knowing he had pretty much nothing coming back. They will keep fighting and working hard to improve.

Didn't see the game but I suspect Brossart's "D" had something to do with holding down SG's totals, as they consistantly are near top of the state's best defensive squads? Agree that the Trains don't have a Cory Pelle type player this year, although his cousin Steven will probably lead them in scoring this year. Don't recall ever seeing ANY SG teams with "ten guys who can shoot the three"??

As I said last year during the Brossart/Mason Co games, I was VERY, VERY impressed with the Mustangs defense and that alone will win them and keep them in games all year.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if that carries them this year while they are finding their way with the new players.