Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Saint Xavier vs. Meade County

Who Wins? 123 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

The stage is set for this leg of the 6A Final Four.

Who wins?

By how much?

  • Replies 106
  • Views 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defense wins championships. Meade has a top notch defense with strong young men who can stand up to the size of St.X. The Greenwave are fearless right now and what is more scarey is that, they believe!

 

Meade County wins in a tight one! 17-7

 

Tell your boys Oxnard! Stinnent, Roe, and Cannady are play makers. Roe #54 linebacker and center is as good as they get. Watch him. Get pressure on the QB or he will pick you apart. Stinnent is just plain strong, big and tough. Good luck to the men of Xavier!

Meade Co's D and Nick Stinnent will win this game, and then off to State.

 

Meade Co 26, St X 24.

St. X will defend the house and the goal line. Tigers will be ready. Ill go with the Tigers: St. X 26 - Meade Co. 13.

Does Meade Co have any state titles? I thought that I could remember them either being at state or winning not too long ago. Can someone fill me in on the team that from what some of you say have a good chance at dethroning a Juggernaut of a team at St X?

Defense wins championships. Meade has a top notch defense with strong young men who can stand up to the size of St.X. The Greenwave are fearless right now and what is more scarey is that, they believe!

 

Meade County wins in a tight one! 17-7

 

Tell your boys Oxnard! Stinnent, Roe, and Cannady are play makers. Roe #54 linebacker and center is as good as they get. Watch him. Get pressure on the QB or he will pick you apart. Stinnent is just plain strong, big and tough. Good luck to the men of Xavier!

 

Thanks for the insight, Austinman! :thumb: Coach Glaser and staff have this group of Tigers in a totally focused groove, so they won't be overlooking any team which has made it this far. We have a lot of respect for the football prowess of Meade County.

 

Also I'm in agreement with you that "defense wins championships". Meade County's defensive numbers are very impressive, yielding only 147 points to 13 opponents for an average of 11.3 per game. However, in your prediction, you have overlooked a St. X. defense, which is playing as well as any in the school's history. The Tigers, playing a more difficult schedule than the Green Wave (Trinity, Manual twice, at Male, at Lexington Catholic, PRP, Ballard, Covington Catholic, at Marshall Co.) have surrendered only 93 points or 7.1 points per game. Based strictly on "defense", this gives St. X. a 4-point advantage.

 

On the other hand, when comparing teams, one cannot completely ignor offensive performance. Although the old adage of "you can't lose if the other team doesn't score" is definitely true, it is also true that "you can't win if you don't score". Our prime goal is to WIN the game.

 

Statistically, through 13 games, Meade County is averaging 25.1/game, while St. X. is averaging 40.7/game. Based on offense then, this gives St. X an additional 16-point advantage.

 

The other elements of special teams, emotion, and focus, I believe will be equal on both sides.

 

Thus totaling the defensive and offensive advantages for St. X., plus adding an additional 6-point advantage for home field, I have the Tigers winning by 26 points.

^ I think that's too conservative....it is rare for a team outside of Jefferson County to come into our backyard and put a smacking on us. The state championship rematch is almost set....X will throttle the Greenwave. Sidenote, I firmly believe that we won't see Deuce again this year. I do think that he'll be dressed in the Final.

Hey Old Corps! What's going on? Do you know something I don't? I see you've picked Meade County to win the game. :scared: :eek: :scared:

Is the game at X?

Meade Co. is a very good team.

 

Meade co. 7

St.Xavier 50

 

I don't necessarily disagree.(with either point).....but they are in seeming contradiction..............:confused:

 

If you state that M is "very good"...then.........X must be awesome....

which they are........... Good luck

I don't necessarily disagree.(with either point).....but they are in seeming contradiction..............:confused:

 

If you state that M is "very good"...then.........X must be awesome....

which they are........... Good luck

 

 

If they weren't very good then they wouldn't score at all. :D

Meade handled Male and it was on the road. I see Meade Cty. doing it again....20-14.

^ Sidenote, I firmly believe that we won't see Deuce again this year. I do think that he'll be dressed in the Final.

 

Deuce was dressed and looked good during warm-ups at Marshal County. He however did not see any action. It will be interesting to see what happens in the next two weeks, but the way Montano, Carraro and company are running the ball with Zoeller's passing I think they will be able to put a couple TD's up against anyone left in the playoffs. With this years D that may very well be enough without Deuce.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.