Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What has been the biggest surprise this week?

Featured Replies

I would say Raceland's Brett Denton, while running for a 30 yd gain against LCA, ran 20yds of it backwards. Pretty surprising and an impressive show of strength.

 

I know it's not a game score, but it was surprising, I don't think I've seen it before.

I would say Raceland's Brett Denton, while running for a 30 yd gain against LCA, ran 20yds of it backwards. Pretty surprising and an impressive show of strength.

 

I know it's not a game score, but it was surprising, I don't think I've seen it before.

 

Man, I could not believe that. I have never seen any thing like that in my life. Ram, I am sick, I did not want it to be over.

Nah, Highlands winning in a blow out is never a surprise to me.

 

If you knew anything about these two teams, you would know that no matter what the records or how much better one team might than the other in any given year, all of that goes out the window when they get together...if either wins by 40, it is not a BIG surprise, it is a HUGE surprise.

Williamsburg's defense pitched a shutout for 3 quarters that was a shock to me.

Highlands winning by 40 points and attempting only three passes. Two completions and one pass interference. Highlands QBs were 2 for 2 in passing. Any other QBs in the state have a 100% pass completion rate in last night's contest? :D

Man, I could not believe that. I have never seen any thing like that in my life. Ram, I am sick, I did not want it to be over.

 

I didn't want it to be over either, but you, as well as I, have to be excited about next year. There's a lot more to come from this junior class.

 

Sorry to get off topic.

I would have to say Oldam County (5-7) beating previously undefeated Anderson County.

For the Week ending 11/18:... 6A Only..

 

Several:

 

Marshall Co's comeback..

 

Margin of St. X victory over Top 5 Manual..

 

Shelby Co.s run in the playoffs (Passing..) ...

Metcalfe over Green Co and Oldham over Anderson.

Metcalfe thumping Green County the way they did.

 

YEP!!

If you knew anything about these two teams, you would know that no matter what the records or how much better one team might than the other in any given year, all of that goes out the window when they get together...if either wins by 40, it is not a BIG surprise, it is a HUGE surprise.

 

Without trying to sound like a stinker, the margin of victory wasn't a surprise to me at all. While I posted on here that I thought Highlands win by only 14-17 points, I was telling a lot of people (including some posters on this site) that I was confident that Highlands was going to win this game really big as long as we didn't make a lot of mental mistakes and if we started playing well at the beginning of the game. And based upon the way the kids were focused all week, I didn't think that we were going to make the mistakes we had the first game and felt that the kids were going to be very focused on setting the tone from the outset of the game. A whole lot of the kids were upset that they only beat CovCath by 14 the last time and a lot of them felt they had played poorly in the first game.

 

I'd spent a lot of time watching the first game tape and was very confident that we were going to be able to run the ball all night long against CovCath and felt that, even with Buckley back, that we'd be able to shut down CovCath's O. The kids made me look smart.:jump:

 

While I generally agree that the games between the two teams have been close ones, the difference in talent this year between the two teams was great enough to cause this year's score to be an aberration to the typical close game. I don't think that will be the case next year however as CovCath will have a lot of experience and starters returning and we will need to fill a lot of holes. The year after that, I think it will be a wide margin again.

The biggest suprise to me was listening to the Williamsburg game with them ahead 22-6 with 7 minutes left with the ball and turning the radio off, then opening the saturday morning paper seeing the final 38-36 Campbellsville.

Danville losing to Bardstown was a shock to me.:irked:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.