10TH Region Preseason poll

I don't think anyone is disputing your Cards or saying they will be a bad team, but preseason #2 is a bit lofty in the expectation department to most due to their youth. Now at the end of the season they very well could be a #2 team or higher, but this thread is preseason. Not a knock against the Cards, just I think most are being realistic.

I agree with Pressrow in the fact that the CARDS are going to be very young this season with only three boys having some varsity experience . The CARDS lost four starters due to graduation, with Knowles being named 1st team all state and the Jones honorable mention all state. I see it as a rebuilding year but the future looks good. Where they stack up in the 10th region ,I don't know and no one else does.:dancingpa

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Pressrow in the fact that the CARDS are going to be very young this season with only three boys having some varsity experience . The CARDS lost four starters due to graduation, with Knowles being named 1st team all state and the Jones honorable mention all state. I see it as a rebuilding year but the future looks good. Where they stack up in the 10th region ,I don't know and no one else does.:dancingpa

We actually have 4...Miller and Evans are Seniors, Hatton a Junior and Stenzel a Freshman. Agree that the future looks good for the Cards especially with the other Freshman we have this year. Also the addition of a few that did not play last year.

Well, lets see, GRC opens with Franklin County from the 11th region. I would say that GRC ranked second in the 10th should be favored by at least 25 over Franklin Co. who is basically a "weak sister" in the 11th. If they don't cover that spread, I question there #2 ranking in the 10th.

I'm not even sure if last years GRC team beat Franklin Co by 25 so to say they have to beat them by that much this year to earn the ranking is a bit absurd.:rolleyes:

I'm not even sure if last years GRC team beat Franklin Co by 25 so to say they have to beat them by that much this year to earn the ranking is a bit absurd.:rolleyes:
OK, 25 might be a little rediculous, but if they don't beat Franklin County handily, who will probably be without 4 key players depending on what happens with football, I question the high ranking in the 10th.

OK, 25 might be a little rediculous, but if they don't beat Franklin County handily, who will probably be without 4 key players depending on what happens with football, I question the high ranking in the 10th.

Being ranked second in the 10th this year don't really mean a high ranking... most everyone but Mason Co is in a rebuilding year. but someone has to be ranked #2...:D

Sould know more after the GRC vs Montgomery Co game Dec, 14th on who deserves the #2 ranking.

Being ranked second in the 10th this year don't really mean a high ranking... most everyone but Mason Co is in a rebuilding year. but someone has to be ranked #2...:D

Sould know more after the GRC vs Montgomery Co game Dec, 14th on who deserves the #2 ranking.

Agreed!

Ryan Williams who was very successful in football, Aaron Dini who was a 1st team all state in soccer, Miller isn't new but he was out most of the year last year. There are also several new sophs and freshman. Not sure who will see varsity time but theres 3 new freshman 6'4 or taller. Lewis is also returning to help down low but beyond that not a whole lot of size.

Are these new players just bodies that can bang down low, or can they ball a little?

Are these new players just bodies that can bang down low, or can they ball a little?

Williams is a guard that has excellent passing skills, very fast, and can play solid defense.. Dini is the more physical type and plays great defense as well as he's around 6'2 or so. The freshman bigs played pretty well in the scrimmage against South Laurel so it will be interesting to see how that turns out.:thumb: