Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

It was just UK's turn ...

Featured Replies

  • Replies 39
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gardner Webb last year; 9-21

 

Let's see how they end up this year....

Thanks Jim I needed that. However, I work in Ohio and with alot of OSU fans and after they lost to Finley the other night I let them all know. Now the next day UK loses and boy have I been getting the crap on email and phone. Just my luck this had to happen. Thanks again. JD

Thanks Jim I needed that. However, I work in Ohio and with alot of OSU fans and after they lost to Finley the other night I let them all know. Now the next day UK loses and boy have I been getting the crap on email and phone. Just my luck this had to happen. Thanks again. JD

 

That is why you should never laugh at others out loud. It will always come back to bite you. :D

Gardner Webb last year; 9-21

 

Let's see how they end up this year....

 

We shall see...

I think Roy won it with someone elses players.

 

:lol::lol::lol:...but true..Matt's! :D

Anyone else remember Michigan State getting beat by Wright State in the not too long ago past? This thread reminded me of that one....

Anyone else remember Michigan State getting beat by Wright State in the not too long ago past? This thread reminded me of that one....

Yeah, I posted about that game earlier.

  • Author
Did Santa Clara post a single-digit win the previous season and was picked 10th in their below mid-major conference?

 

I don't know, and it really doesn't matter. Kentucky sure isn't contending for a national championship this year, I think we can all agree on that, while UNC was picked to contend that year.

 

From a relative talent gap standpoint, the distance between UNC and Santa Clara that year is similar to the distance this year between UK and GW. In both cases, the disparity in talent between the big boy and the underdog is roughly the same. In both cases, it was the team that was supposed to win played poorly, and the team that wasn't supposed to win probably played above their heads.

  • Author
Thanks Jim I needed that. However, I work in Ohio and with alot of OSU fans and after they lost to Finley the other night I let them all know. Now the next day UK loses and boy have I been getting the crap on email and phone. Just my luck this had to happen. Thanks again. JD

 

:laugh: I feel for you, because I've been in that exact same position.

Sharp, I know however, the opportunity to rub it in was there for me an then the next day UK (WOW)! Like my wife said I should have just kept my mouth shut and walk around and just smile(no) I can't do that. JD

Did Santa Clara post a single-digit win the previous season and was picked 10th in their below mid-major conference?

 

Does the previous season really matter?

Thanks Jim I needed that. However, I work in Ohio and with alot of OSU fans and after they lost to Finley the other night I let them all know. Now the next day UK loses and boy have I been getting the crap on email and phone. Just my luck this had to happen. Thanks again. JD

 

I had a big ole helping of crow yesterday too JD. Liked mine with some salt and pepper. :lol:

Phillip Hay yeah I did to and the feather's are still making me hack!:lol:

Every year, there are a handful of games where a no-name school upends a major college hoops power. Like clockwork, it happens. And like clockwork, the national media and fans make a big deal out of it, as though the impossible has happened.

 

UK fans, I'm here to offer you some chicken soup for your troubled, confused souls.

 

Consider: In late November of 2004, Santa Clara beat North Carolina by double digits. Santa Clara also got a double-digit win a week and a half later over Stanford. That Stanford team made the NCAA tournament that year. So did the Tar Heels, finishing up as the last team standing and cutting down the nets after the NCAA title game win over Illinois.

 

That Santa Clara team? They finished with a 15-16 record, losing in the second round of its conference tournament. Sure, you could argue that Santa Clara plays in one of the better mid-major conferences. But they were a middle-of-the-pack team in that conference, and UNC was a top-five team all that season.

 

The point? It happens every year. Each and every season, without fail, there are a few head-scratcher games out there where the big dogs get upended by the scrappy underdog. It's probably gonna happen to a handful of other teams this year.

 

Kentucky hasn't lost a game like this in how long? 15+ years? UK's been dodging this bullet for a long time, and it finally nicked them. They were due. No one's immune. Ask UNC.

 

Now please come off the ledge, Wildcat fans, because it's not like this one game is going to scuttle the whole season.

 

Thanks, bro. Uh, by the way, will you grab my hand before I fall? :jump:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.