Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NFL's best dynasty

Best NFL dynasty 46 members have voted

  1. 1. Best NFL dynasty

    • Packers of the 60's
      6%
    • Steelers of the 70's
      47%
    • 49ers of the 80's
      17%
    • Cowboys of the 90's
      10%
    • Patriots of the 2000's
      17%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Steelers would've killed those other teams.

  • Replies 33
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steelers. I think they could have beaten them all. Grant it, the Patriots always find a way to win.

Steelers edged out the Niners for me. In three more years I'm pretty sure I'll be voting Pats.

Interesting that the only dynasty that had two coaches have received zero votes.

 

Also, the 49ers are the only dynasty that had two different QB's.

 

Young's Superbowl wasn't until the mid 90's. If Jerry Jones doesn't have an ego problem the Cowboys win at least one more Superbowl, but I still think they could/would beat the other teams.

 

ESPN did a mini playoffs around 2000 of the 4 teams from the 1900's. I think San Fran beat the Steelers in the finals but I'm not sure.

I am partial to the 49ers.

Steelers. And Noll is still one of the under-rated coaches of all time, going 4-for-4 in Super Bowls. But when most people are asked to name the top NFL Coach of all-time, Noll is often overlooked.

 

This from Wikipedia:

 

The key to Noll's coaching success during this unprecedented run was the Steelers' skill in selecting outstanding players in the NFL college player draft. Noll's first #1 pick was Joe Greene, a defensive tackle from North Texas State, who went on to become a perennial All-Pro and anchor the defensive line. During the next few years, the Steelers drafted QB Terry Bradshaw (Louisiana Tech) and RB Franco Harris (Penn State) as #1 picks. In the 1974 draft, Noll and the Steelers achieved a level of drafting success never seen before or since, when they selected four Hall of Famers with their first four picks: WR Lynn Swann, MLB Jack Lambert, C Mike Webster, and WR John Stallworth. To this day, no other draft by any team has included more than two future Hall of Famers. The Steelers were so successful at drafting players that the 1979 roster, which won Super Bowl XIV, consisted entirely of players who had never played so much as a down for any other team.

How many HOF's are on the Niners or the Cowboys from those eras?

 

SF Montana, Rice ?

Dallas Aikman, Irvin, Smith ?

 

 

Just in case anyone is wondering :D the Dolphins have: Little, Langer, Csonka, Warfield, Griese, Buonicatti and Shula. (Did Kuch make it?) So that gives them 7 counting the coach.

 

Bill Walsh, Ronnie Lott, Charles Haley should be, and possibly Romanowski. Roger Craig was all-pro as was John Taylor, many of their O-Linemen, and TE Brent Jones.

Young's Superbowl wasn't until the mid 90's. If Jerry Jones doesn't have an ego problem the Cowboys win at least one more Superbowl, but I still think they could/would beat the other teams.

 

ESPN did a mini playoffs around 2000 of the 4 teams from the 1900's. I think San Fran beat the Steelers in the finals but I'm not sure.

 

 

I was waiting for you to look at this thread, and the cowboys to get a vote. ;) And while I see your point, could/would shouldn't give them a boost over the other teams that have.

I like the Cowboys. Not to discredit any of the other dynasties, but Dallas had to fight an amazing Niners team for a couple years to get to the Superbowl in the 90's. Plus their championship teams in the 70's were pretty decent as well.

I was waiting for you to look at this thread, and the cowboys to get a vote. ;) And while I see your point, could/would shouldn't give them a boost over the other teams that have.

 

The could/would was in regards to the other selections for best dynasty, I think you meant to talk about the part where I said they should have won another championship.:thumb:

The could/would was in regards to the other selections for best dynasty, I think you meant to talk about the part where I said they should have won another championship.:thumb:

 

The Bengals SHOULD be winning and be in control of their division right now, BUT......:cool:

The Bengals SHOULD be winning and be in control of their division right now, BUT......:cool:

 

Wrong, but let's talk about that in another thread.

 

In the original post though, I was saying that the Cowboys of the 90's would beat the other dynasties with or without that extra championship.

Wrong, but let's talk about that in another thread.

 

In the original post though, I was saying that the Cowboys of the 90's would beat the other dynasties with or without that extra championship.

 

And Im agreeing with you..but discussing an extra championship that doesnt exist renders that comment useless.:bunny::bunny:

And Im agreeing with you..but discussing an extra championship that doesnt exist renders that comment useless.:bunny::bunny:

 

You are simply trying to start an argument over nothing. I said Dallas was the best and would beat the others. Rocky Balboa misunderstood, I explained, now you feel the need to get involved, so I explained the whole situation and you are still trying to make the fact that I said they should have another ring a big deal.:confused: Go try to bully somebody else because I'm not biting.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.