27 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Nebraska
    • Michigan

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nebraska was 10+ better than any team in the nation in '97, including the Wolverines. No slight to Michigan...I give them credit and congratulate them for going undefeated. They beat everyone on their schedule which is all they could do. But, if they had played in a "BCS Title Game", Nebraska would have won by double digits.

Nebraska was 10+ better than any team in the nation in '97, including the Wolverines. No slight to Michigan...I give them credit and congratulate them for going undefeated. They beat everyone on their schedule which is all they could do. But, if they had played in a "BCS Title Game", Nebraska would have won by double digits.

Absolutely disagree.

Nebraska got the "feel good" vote in the last poll to earn the split didn't they?

Absolutely disagree.

Nebraska got the "feel good" vote in the last poll to earn the split didn't they?

I don't care about polls or "feel good" votes...the thread asked who would win if they played.

Nebraska completely dismantled a one-loss Tennessee team with Peyton Manning at QB, a team who would go undefeated and win the 1998 national championship with many of the same key players, 42-17.

Michigan barely beat Washington State 21-16.

I look at where they were at at season's end and Nebraska was clearly the better team, IMO, and would have been too much for Michigan.

Nebraska (46.7) averaged almost 20 ppg more than Michigan (26.8) that season and their average margin of victory (30.2) was almost 13 ppg more than Michigan (17.3).

Except for Colorado and Missouri .. . :D

Nobody goes through a season without at least one or two close calls. :lol:

Their season as a whole and their domination of Tennessee in the Fiesta Bowl was more impressive than Michigan. I think the defenses were comparable, but the Cornhuskers offense was much better. I think Nebraska would have scored in the 28-35 range and Michigan would have topped out around 21.

I don't care about polls or "feel good" votes...the thread asked who would win if they played.

Nebraska completely dismantled a one-loss Tennessee team with Peyton Manning at QB, a team who would go undefeated and win the 1998 national championship with many of the same key players, 42-17.

Michigan barely beat Washington State 21-16.

I look at where they were at at season's end and Nebraska was clearly the better team, IMO, and would have been too much for Michigan.

Nebraska (46.7) averaged almost 20 ppg more than Michigan (26.8) that season and their average margin of victory (30.2) was almost 13 ppg more than Michigan (17.3).

That Nebraska team would probably have rolled over top any team in the country on that day. There was no question from the opening whistle who was going to win that game.

Nobody goes through a season without at least one or two close calls. :lol:

Their season as a whole and their domination of Tennessee in the Fiesta Bowl was more impressive than Michigan. I think the defenses were comparable, but the Cornhuskers offense was much better. I think Nebraska would have scored in the 28-35 range and Michigan would have topped out around 21.

I think your right on with this score...I think it would be close until the middle of the 4th quarter with Nebraska scoring late to seal the deal.