Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rockcastle/Knox Central Predictions

Who will winn this first round battle? 48 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will winn this first round battle?

    • Rockcastle
      77%
      37
    • Knox Central
      22%
      11

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I think the shutout goes the other way this time

 

Rock 22

Knox 0

  • Replies 40
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Rockcastle practices hard, prepares for this game well and gets HEALTY! they have a chance to win. This is still a Tom Larkey/Tony Saylor team, they will not lay down again. For a couple of weeks after that loss I began to believe that KC was a REALLY good team. When I watched them barely pull by Madison Southern and then look at the scores over the last 1.5 months, I came to realize that game was when Rockcastle was at their weakest physically and mentally.

 

You was at this game????

Knox/MS

 

Yes. Knox looked bad. That may have been their abboration :D

Has Coach Mills changed the offense or has he been forced to change it with all the injuries his team has suffered. Sometimes that makes you deviate from what seems to be working when you lose the very weapons thats making your offense go.

 

At the time that he made the changes he only had the quarterback hurt and the I think his tb hurt. One had his thumb broken and the other the arm broke. But I don't think he's missed any playing time because of it. So what's up with all the other changes?

Although I pick Rock to win some of the scores predicted are shocking. No way Rock will score 35 points against KC, 14 if they are clicking and Knox don't help them. Knox will still play defense. Rockcastle fans need to face it Rock is not going to suddenly wake up and return to dominance, that maybe a few years away from happening again if ever.

Although I pick Rock to win some of the scores predicted are shocking. No way Rock will score 35 points against KC, 14 if they are clicking and Knox don't help them. Knox will still play defense. Rockcastle fans need to face it Rock is not going to suddenly wake up and return to dominance, that maybe a few years away from happening again if ever.

 

I agree that Rock will not score 35. They will have to work hard for 21 points.

 

If EVER returning to dominance? Whoah:irked: People said the same thing in 98 and 99. One of the best "classes" of Rockets were freshmen in 99, I am pretty sure they won a regional title or two :D

 

I agree that Rockcastle has been bad this season and injuries are no excuse but come on. What I am getting at with the whole 98-99 thing is that the 2007 season may be bad, but who is to say that the class of 08, 09 or 2010 may not be a state champion? Sounds crazy now, but you never know this season is rough but with the right polish a diamond may come out of it. :thumb:

  • Author
I agree that Rock will not score 35. They will have to work hard for 21 points.

 

If EVER returning to dominance? Whoah:irked: People said the same thing in 98 and 99. One of the best "classes" of Rockets were freshmen in 99, I am pretty sure they won a regional title or two :D

 

I agree that Rockcastle has been bad this season and injuries are no excuse but come on. What I am getting at with the whole 98-99 thing is that the 2007 season may be bad, but who is to say that the class of 08, 09 or 2010 may not be a state champion? Sounds crazy now, but you never know this season is rough but with the right polish a diamond may come out of it. :thumb:

 

:thumb:Its o.k. to be optimistic raider.

At the time that he made the changes he only had the quarterback hurt and the I think his tb hurt. One had his thumb broken and the other the arm broke. But I don't think he's missed any playing time because of it. So what's up with all the other changes?

 

 

Once again. What changes? All I've seen is personel due to injuries. Otherwise, it's the same run it up the middle offense tha they started the year with.

I agree that Rock will not score 35. They will have to work hard for 21 points.

 

If EVER returning to dominance? Whoah:irked: People said the same thing in 98 and 99. One of the best "classes" of Rockets were freshmen in 99, I am pretty sure they won a regional title or two :D

 

I agree that Rockcastle has been bad this season and injuries are no excuse but come on. What I am getting at with the whole 98-99 thing is that the 2007 season may be bad, but who is to say that the class of 08, 09 or 2010 may not be a state champion? Sounds crazy now, but you never know this season is rough but with the right polish a diamond may come out of it. :thumb:

 

1999 they were 10-3 with a Region Runner Up.

 

Basically Rock is in the top 5 in wins the past 20 years in the state, this being the worst record wise in over 20 years, that is saying a lot. Plus there are more games to be played.

Knox Central Panthers

Playoff Appearance: 8th

All-time Record: 0-7

 

Rockcastle County Rockets

Playoff Appearance: 18th

All-time Record: 27-17

 

Previous Playoff Meetings

None

Only if KC's Coach Mills puts the offense back like it was and stops trying to make it better. Don't break something that wasn't broke. The boys have tried telling him that but he doesn't want to listen. Sometimes it's best.

 

Wow, you are complaining about the guy who made Knox Central football relevant again! They were everyone's doormat for what 7 or 8 years in a row? That doesn't make a bit of sense.

Wow, you are complaining about the guy who made Knox Central football relevant again! They were everyone's doormat for what 7 or 8 years in a row? That doesn't make a bit of sense.

 

:thumb: I'm still waiting to find out what changes he implemented and please be specific because I've missed it.

 

Knox Central is a good football program now. In my opinion they will challenge both Bell and Rock year in and year out from this point on. This year the offense has struggled and when the starting QB went down it pretty much ended it. The defense has been and is very good. However, when the O goes three and out so often the Defense does give up points sooner or later. Coach Mills and staff have done great job but I think most would agree that it would be helpful to develop special teams play (especially the kicking game) and a more diversified offense.

 

Because I've seen very little offensive improvement since the loss of Corey Smith, I'm going to pick Rock to win this one 20-6.

 

RCraiders, do not let a poor offensive showing against Mad Southern decieve you into thinking you're seeing a bad team. Rather, you saw a team have a bad outing and still find a way to win. There is a difference.

Only if KC's Coach Mills puts the offense back like it was and stops trying to make it better. Don't break something that wasn't broke. The boys have tried telling him that but he doesn't want to listen. Sometimes it's best.

 

I have to be honest here and am not trying to be mean, but, .... where was KC football at before Coach Mills arrived? Where is it now? He has done a masterful job since taking over. And it is always our right to disagree, but I would tend to go with the coach on this one over the kids. I know he is trying to win and so far at KC, he has turned them into a program that can compete at a much higher level. Coaches letting parents and/or kids tell him how to call plays or run programs will NEVER work. That's why they are coaches.

 

In this game, I think Rock will want to make good on their last performance against the Panthers when KC just beat them plain and simple. I think Rock wins this one, but VERY close.

Wow, you are complaining about the guy who made Knox Central football relevant again! They were everyone's doormat for what 7 or 8 years in a row? That doesn't make a bit of sense.

 

:thumb::thumb::thumb: Best post yet!!! If they don't need him anymore now that he has turned the program completely around, ... I know a lot of programs that would LOVE to have Coach Mills. ;)

I have to be honest here and am not trying to be mean, but, .... where was KC football at before Coach Mills arrived? Where is it now?

 

It's actually a sign of how well he has done. 0-10 the year prior to his hire.

5-5 would have resulted in a parade. Now 5-5 is disappointing.

 

Still, a second place finish in the district and a home playoff game are not too bad regardless of what happens Friday night.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.