Rockcastle/Knox Central Predictions

Bellco93

Who will winn this first round battle?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who will winn this first round battle?

• Rockcastle
    • Knox Central

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1999 they were 10-3 with a Region Runner Up.

Basically Rock is in the top 5 in wins the past 20 years in the state, this being the worst record wise in over 20 years, that is saying a lot. Plus there are more games to be played.

I must have meant 97 or 98, what were their records for those years? One year they lost 5 games, I think but yet again I could be wrong.

1999 they were 10-3 with a Region Runner Up.

Basically Rock is in the top 5 in wins the past 20 years in the state, this being the worst record wise in over 20 years, that is saying a lot. Plus there are more games to be played.

More to be played? Two to be exact. No disrespect intended but you all cannot keep drinking that Kool-aid. Rockcastle needs to accept the fact Coach Larkey has done a wonderful job winning five games and possibly one in the playoffs. Any other expectations will only lead to disappointments in a fine coach and good football program.

More to be played? Two to be exact. No disrespect intended but you all cannot keep drinking that Kool-aid. Rockcastle needs to accept the fact Coach Larkey has done a wonderful job winning five games and possibly one in the playoffs. Any other expectations will only lead to disappointments in a fine coach and good football program.
I agree Coach Larkey has done a good job winning what games the ROCK won. But it doesn't hurt to have dreams and faith in your team if you want them to succeed to their potential.

No we aren't complaining about his past performance. He has been a wonder for our team. From the boys Freshman Years to their Senior Years. He has been more than a coach to the boys. He has been a father figure to them that has been there to talk to them, to listen to them and to guide them. He has brought the good lord above spiritually to alot of them. He has kept alot of them from getting into trouble and made the difference in alot of the boys. Kept alot of them in High School that probably would not have finished or graduated. We are only questioning his present decisions or maybe it's not Coach's decisions. Maybe it's Coach Russell's decision? We don't know and the boys don't either. Ask the boys... they will tell you... The quiet boys that don't say anything to anyone about their decisions are talking about it. As everyone is asking why for all the changes in the line up. The quarterback was hurt and after the initial changes were made more changes were made instead of just blaming the boys that they didn't want to win... they won in the beginning and do you think the seniors don't want to win now? This is their last year. They want to win more than anything. Just ask them. the team's moral went from we can win to well we don't know what we are doing. They play their best. They want the coach to listen to their suggestions instead of being told that they can not win doing what they are doing. Coach??? Did some of the boys not ask you to change some of the playing positions in the Holy Cross game? Sometimes enough down talk is too much. Maybe they need to be asked... what will work.. tell me what will work. I have been told that this is what the boys are wanting and needing. Why do you tear something up that isn't broken. You have to think, when one player gets hurt you are going to question your ability especially since they looked up to the quarterback as they did. He was their backbone. But we know that the coach is the coach and the boys have to do what the coach says so this is just an opinion. I feel for the boys as I as a parent because we hear what they are affraid to tell the coach now because of all the changes and the talk that they don't want to win. They do want to win and have the ability to win. Give them a chance coach. Listen to what they have to say. Not the parents. Have them tell you what will work. Especially your seniors. They have been your leaders in the beginning and can be now also. You made them everything to the team in the beginning and now what are they?

:thumb::thumb::thumb: Best post yet!!! If they don't need him anymore now that he has turned the program completely around, ... I know a lot of programs that would LOVE to have Coach Mills. ;)

I totally agree with you on that one. IMO KC has made a name for themselves the past few years, and it is a credit to Coach Mills and his staff. Anytime your QB is out due to injury, or for any reason, it will hurt your offense.

I am picking Knox in a close one.....

KC 14

Rock 13

I must have meant 97 or 98, what were their records for those years? One year they lost 5 games, I think but yet again I could be wrong.

9-2 Won nine straight and won the district before playing Lexington Catholic.

6-5 Lost to some pretty good teams, Corbin, Lexington Catholic, Boyle County, Scott County and South Laurel on a last second hail mary.

Okay to keep myself from looking like an idiot on here; this is the WHOLE synopsis of what I wrote:

I said that in either 1998 or 1999 Rockcastle had a "bad year" but some players from that team went on to Regional championships. Leonidas used the words "if ever" in referring to Rockcastle returning to dominance. I know that isn't what he meant but I had to adress that because I know SEVERAL Rocket fans that check out these boards. I don't want them thinking horribly of anyone or actually believing that Rockcastle is down and out, because they are not

*In response to this*

........... Rockcastle fans need to face it Rock is not going to suddenly wake up and return to dominance, that maybe a few years away from happening again if ever.

3Wishes is an avid supporter of Rocket football, him and Coach Cook have a vast amount of knowledge of this program and they will defend it forever. I appreciate 3Wishes for correcting me on which year Rockcastle was "bad". What I don't think he realizes is that by repetitively posting these records and saying:

...Basically Rock is in the top 5 in wins the past 20 years in the state, this being the worst record wise in over 20 years...

These players know how "bad" this season has been, in the efforts of trying to make them forget about this season and that in the playoffs the records are perfect, they are constantly remind by, not just 3Wishes but EVERYONE that they have the worst record of any Rocket team in over 20 years.

It is hard to win or have a winning mentality when you are reminded of how bad you are.

9-2 Won nine straight and won the district before playing Lexington Catholic.

6-5 Lost to some pretty good teams, Corbin, Lexington Catholic, Boyle County, Scott County and South Laurel on a last second hail mary.