November 2, 200718 yr http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/columnist/vitale/2007-11-01-vitale-bonus_n.htm That is it, my friends. North Carolina, Memphis, Louisville and UCLA in San Antonio. North Carolina to hoist the trophy, and a whole lot of freshman to thrill us all year. Hey, I know Louisville football has struggled on defense. But that isn't a problem for Rick Pitino and his Cardinals squad. It has size and experience in center David Padgett. And no one is more equipped to get a great year out of enigmatic Derrick Caracter than Pitino, a master motivator. Talk about Mr. Po (potential). This guy is going to be a superstar or a bust. It is in Mr. Caracter's hands, but Pitino is a whiz to get the maximum out of his talent. Add point guard Edgar Sosa, and you can see why I am so high on the Louisville Cardinals. The only thing that could stop this team is injuries, and Juan Palacios is out for four to six weeks (knee).
November 2, 200718 yr I actually like that Final 4. I would rather have UK than Memphis or UNC but I will live.
November 2, 200718 yr By the way, Dickie V has picked the NCAA Champion 3 years in a row once the pairings are out.
November 2, 200718 yr By the way, Dickie V has picked the NCAA Champion 3 years in a row once the pairings are out. Which they aren't. How accurate has he been pre-season?
November 2, 200718 yr Which they aren't. How accurate has he been pre-season? Who cares, that's impressive.
November 2, 200718 yr Who cares, that's impressive. Well yeah, it is, but its completely irrelevent to a thread concerning his pre-season picks.
November 2, 200718 yr Well yeah, it is, but its completely irrelevent to a thread concerning his pre-season picks. It lends to his credibility. So yeah, it's relevant.
November 2, 200718 yr Vitale is a pretty sharp guy. At this point his picks look pretty darn good. I think with UL the biggest question mark is health and guard play to an extent as well. I can definitly see them potentially being a final 4 team.
November 2, 200718 yr I think with UL the biggest question mark is health and guard play to an extent as well. I'm really not that concerned about the guards. Our offense is run through Padgett more than anyone else. All the guards need to do is get the ball to him at the top of the key and he is a brilliant ball distributer. While depth could be a factor, it is well documented how T Will, Sosa, and Smith are all capable of taking over a game. By mid season I think Knowles will be capable of providing reliable bench relief.
November 2, 200718 yr Has anyone labeled this U.L. team as "Elite" ? :scared: :sssh:. That hasn't worked out so good for the football team .
November 2, 200718 yr Has anyone labeled this U.L. team as "Elite" ? :scared: :sssh:. That hasn't worked out so good for the football team . :jump: :scared:
November 2, 200718 yr ^You gotta get some better bait man... :jump: ^ Not going fishin' today Deuce, just having some fun. :thumb: U.L. should be very good.
November 2, 200718 yr ^You gotta get some better bait man... :jump: If we are being honest, ... there was a lot of hype about the football team being a national title contender before the season began, ... on here as much as anywhere. But all along, many of us thought losing 7 defensive starters would hurt them and it has. However, on the hardwood, I think these Cards are LOADED and worthy of any hype. They should be a true contender.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.